Her relationship with bojack/ abuse of trust

Sarah Lynn first met Bojack when she was only around 6 years old when the show first began. She looked up to bojack like a father figure not only in the show but in real life. She looked up to BoJack off-screen as a father figure, even idolizing him to an extent, and flashbacks indicate that Sarah Lynn's self-destructive behavior is in part the result of BoJack neglecting, and negatively influencing her as a child, as he would with many other women in his life, and even right up until her untimely death. At the tender age of six, BoJack told her "The most important thing is, you've got to give the people what they want. Even if it kills you, even if it empties you out until there's nothing left to empty. No matter what happens, no matter how much it hurts, you don't stop dancing, and you don't stop smiling, and you give those people what they want." BoJack visits her after one of her concerts. She is initially excited to see him, and while they talk, Sarah Lynn shows how stressful her fame is and how everyone around her is only there to get something out of her. Unfortunately, BoJack reveals that he only showed up because he wanted her to be on his new show, which saddens her and furthers reinforces the idea that people in her life are always going to use her. Cuddlywhiskers convinced him anyway, even saying BoJack "was like a father to her"