4. Emiko Saburou (Naruto)

Before anyone can react, I throw one fireball to Pakkun to send him back to Kakashi. As fast as I can, I send a few fireballs to the men. In the hope to create an opening. The clearing! I have to get there. He should be waiting for me there. I replenish the circle and fire it at them. This time, I create some space and run as fast as I can through it to escape. With my teeth clenched, I keep going while I use my hand to direct the fireballs to my attackers. 

'Not good enough.' One guy counters with a water jutsu. 

Damn it, he knows some jutsu's. I feel lifted and thrown aside. I land on my side and notice some pain. Apparently, one knows a wind jutsu because I see a burn on my arm. Together with a hole in the sleeve of my cloak. I have to make it to the clearing. I get up and run away. Eight men and some of them know about jutsu's. My heart races, and I glare over my shoulder. As suspected, they follow me. Are you that desperate to get a woman? I make sure to see where I put my feet as I continue running. Please, be there? I need help. 

'Get her!' 

I hear the scream. As if it is a sign for all of them to attack. 

'You know the plan. We need to stick to it more than before. Especially since she's a shinobi. She'll encounter us.' 

I pick up the small conversation and try to go faster. Please, I hope you're still here. Be here. I realize that the trees are further away, and I reach the clearing. Coming from the trees, I scan the open area in the hope of a sign to see him. Without looking, I target my surrounding fireballs at the men behind me. Swiftly, I resummon fireballs to maintain some distance. 'Are you here!' I breathe heavily for running. 'I could sure use some help!' Please, you said you'd be here. I pray for some help. Anyone will do right about now. Those guys. Some must be former ninjas or something. I fire all I have at the men and make my way further ahead. A gush of wind blows me away, and I expect to hit the ground. 

***

 'You're safe, now.' 

I hear a voice and look at the one who caught me. 'Thank heaven.' I swallow for a moment. 'Eight men and a few know jutsu's. I only had Pakkun helping me but he's gone.' 

 'Finally,' Another voice sounds. 'I get to have some fun.' 

I see him turning his head. 

It seems he never changed much. Black hair, dark eyes, and tall. 'Sit down and get some rest. Leave the rest to us. I'll be right back.'  

I steady my breathing and watch both men facing my attackers. Not one moment later, I notice that three men fall over.  

The other men engaged the other with quite a large sword wrapped up in a bandage.  

In a few minutes, it was over. It happened so fast that I would miss it if I would blink. 'Thank you... thank you both.'  

'Yeah, I know that you were looking for Itachi. However, you seem to be vague enough about the why? So now that you found us. What do you want from him?'  

Itachi shakes his head. 'Are you now a rogue, like me? Or did you plan on going back?'  

'I think I am now, yes. There is nothing to go back to.' I answer him. 'This is something private,' I start while looking at his partner, 'So, I'm only saying this to Itachi. I don't know you, or how well you know each other. Partners or not, I'm sure that he hasn't told you everything about his life.'  

'I haven't.' Itachi confirms while examining the burn on my arm. 'It will heal over time.' After that, he glances over to his partner. 'Wait here, Kisame. This won't take long.'  

I follow him to the trees and sit down on a fallen tree.