part 3

Although the sky was dark, bright lanterns, light music and neon signs from thousands of LEDs illuminated everything around. There was music playing everywhere, laughter, a lot of people's voices, I could barely hear Billie.

- Let's go to the fair! There's a lot of cheap trinkets there! - Unfortunately, I heard only extraneous noise and saw only how her lips were moving.

- I can't hear you! - Eilish leaned closer to me, cupping her hand to her ear, raising one eyebrow.

- I can't hear you at all! - I shouted in her ear.

The blonde rolled her eyes, took me by the sleeve of my jean jacket and ran along the stone path to the colorful stalls.

It was much quieter there, because the main cloud of people was on the rides. She let go of my jean jacket, walking up to the first shop, where a man was sitting, reading a newspaper, it seems, last year issue.

- Look, vinyl. - Billie was leaning on the table, looking at the goods.

I looked away at the other shelves. As she said, there's a lot of cheap junk that will be gathering dust at my house for the rest of my life. But in the end, they have some meaning, don't they?

The red price tag caught my attention. "Ropes and accessories for homemade bracelets". I've never done this before. Quite unexpectedly for me, the guy at the table was in front of my face, putting down the newspaper.

- For the fourth month I have been trying to sell these threads, once they were very popular - He correctly noticed where my gaze was directed.
- Is that your friend at the other end of the counter? - You could make matching bracelets, you know.

"Matching bracelets? Perfect! Finally, something I can do for her, repay her for her generosity!"

- Wrap me these bracelets, and those two flower key chains for them.

The seller's smile spread across his face, he took the goods off the hook, putting everything in a paper bag.

- Good choice.

I put the purchase in my pocket. Billie, having finished sorting through the vinyl, pulled me by the sleeve.

- Shall we go further? - I just nodded.

We walked through the entire fair and were terribly tired. My friend was restless, we stopped at every stall, looking at dust collectors in retro style.

- I would like to have some Takis and sit somewhere, ugh- The blonde yawned, adjusting the hood of a black hoodie.

- Speaking of Takis - I pointed my finger at the last counter in front of the amusement park, there was a huge queue there, but it didn't bother us at all.

Billie counted the money out of her pocket while standing in line. Opening the phone's camera, she checked how she looked.

- Yo let's take a picture?
- Sure! - Eilish smiled and took off her hood, her face was not visible at all.

But as soon as she took off a little bit of clothes from herself, people around began to turn around. They began to recognize her. Someone shouted:

- Billie Eilish? Oh, my God, it's Billie Eilish! - at the same moment, the singer was surrounded by a crowd of fans.

It was obvious that the girl was confused, she was slowly walking backwards, grabbing the end of my T-shirt. We managed to forget her social status in a couple of days.

She waved to the people and abruptly turned around, walking briskly, still holding on to me, she was heading for the Ferris wheel. It wasn't like her at all. With each step, she ran faster and faster until she reached the desired point.

Pushing the queue, at the same time apologizing, she tried not to look anyone in the eye, she could have been caught here.

The blonde ran into an empty booth of a huge wheel with me, sitting next to me.

As soon as the door slammed shut and the pleasant jazz was coming from the speaker under the seat, Billie pulled the hood back on.

- I'm so ashamed - She turned to the window. - They were so happy to see me, and I ran away...

- Billie, it's okay. I think they'll understand. You're resting - I put my hand on her shoulder - Forget about it, just forget that you're famous this week, okay?

Eilish turned to me, smiling. I hoped I had somehow lifted her spirits.

- Thank you very much, cutie. I appreciate it. - The angel closed her eyes, smiling broadly. She was so cute
- Can we take a picture together?

- No one will recognize you this time for sure - We laughed. The awkward situation flew out of my head, as if it had never happened.

The girl stretched out her hand, click. Our photos have already been in her gallery, and will remain there for a long time.

- It turned out great! - She was flipping through the frames, on which it was not difficult to see happiness and love. Everything was so mixed and complicated.

Billie hugged me and looked around. We were at the highest point, there was a view of the whole park, and beyond. The skyscrapers seemed smaller, the clouds closer, and the people below merged into one spot. I hugged her back.

In my pocket, colored key chains rattled against each other and ropes intertwined.

I hope to see her smile even brighter.