THIRD TALE: THE WEEPING TREE

It was another one fine day. The sun was high and the sky was a cloudless blue. The early birds began their hunts, while others began looking for their mate. One particular bird, the Hummingbird, enjoyed one particular location of a group of trees, bountiful with fruits to eat.

But one of the reasons why Hummingbird kept coming back, was not only because of the fruits, but because of one particular tree, separated from others, who cried every day. They called him the Weeping Tree.

No one knew why Weeping Tree wept every day. Many birds would flock to him, drinking his tears, but no one dared to ask him why he cried. It seemed like for Hummingbird, the Weeping Tree, wasn't also able to tell everyone's pitiful look because he was busy crying for himself. Most birds and animals would try to attempt on comforting him, but failed, because his wails were impossibly loud.

Everyday, Hummingbird grew curious. Sometimes, he would sit to one of his branches, staring at him for hours and listening to his tears trickling down to his roots. He pitied the Weeping Tree, until one day, he could no longer refrain himself from asking.

He hopped closer to his ears.

"Why do you always cry, Weeping Tree?" he chirped.

Surprised, the Weeping Tree stopped crying, and with a sad voice, whispered back to Hummingbird.

"I cry so I can live."

"What do you mean?" Hummingbird asked curiously.

"I am the pitiful tree, separated from my kind. All of them have each other, while I am alone. Everyday, the life gets harder and I will cry more to water myself, to survive."

Hummingbird tilted his head, growing more curious to Weeping Tree's story.

"I have no one, but myself. Being alone, I have to be my own savior because no one else can."

Hummingbird nodded and understood. He flapped his wings, preparing himself to fly on the open sky. But he stopped when he spotted another group of birds coming their way.

"But Weeping Tree," he sighed. "You do understand, you are not alone, right?"

"I am."

"No, you're not," Hummingbird insisted. "We may be different from your kind, but look around you. Remember all of the other birds and animals that keep coming back to you."

Hummingbird began to spread his wings and fly, hovering in front of the Weeping Tree.

"You don't always have to be alone unless you look closely to everything that surrounds you. Sometimes, it's not always of your kind that has to be there for you, when others can."

Hummingbird smiled to the tearful Weeping Tree.

"When you think it's getting too lonely and tough, don't be afraid to ask for help. I know some are willing to be there for you when you need them."

And then he was gone, flying across the horizonalone until other different birds flew along with Hummingbird.