Chapter 14

Tamaki spent the past week preparing his apartment for his upcoming heat. He hadn't gone through his heat since high school. He thinks his stress combined with them being irregular must have kept Tamaki from having one. Luckily his life was less stressful at home. Gota had been working on keeping his emotions in check and their fighting had stopped. It was allowing Tamaki to finally let himself be an omega again after a few months. It was such a relief to let his instincts take control again. He purred, finding a few hoodies from Gota to use for his heat nest. Tamaki was setting up his nesting material at the foot of their bed. He liked to make sure he had everything he needed before he nested. He sighed in relief running his fingers over a fluffy blanket he had grabbed for his nest. He had to talk to Gota about how they wanted to change his heat.

Certain hotels existed for omegas going through heat. The staff is run by omegas only with a few betas that run security to keep sleazy alphas far away from the hotel rooms. Tamaki normally went to these heat hotels, but now that he had a mate he could have Gota help him. Hopefully, Gota will finally think about pups. Tamaki was still stuck on having pups younger. He desperately wanted pups. It was something Tamaki needed to do to feel whole. He wanted kids. He just felt like he wouldn't be complete until he was a parent. He didn't understand why he felt this way, maybe it was his omega instincts.

Tamaki sighed and went into the kitchen pulling out a couple of pots and pans turning on the oven. He then got out ingredients setting them up for prep. Next, he got out a couple of recipes humming in relife. Tamaki picked up his knife, cutting up some vegetables and meat. He was making a few meal preps so he could pop them in the microwave and eat them without having to eat anything but junk. His body was extremely important for his career so he wanted to keep it healthy, even when he was trying to get his guts rearranged. Tamaki purred at the smell of chicken and pork filling the apartment. He sighed looking at the door waiting for his lover to come home.

Gota slowly opened the door as he came home from work. His cheeks warmed, smelling Tamaki's growing pre-heat scent setting his bag down. He sneaked his way to the kitchen glancing at all the food laid out. He purred watching Tamaki move. The sweet smell of pre-heat soothing the tension his inner alpha felt.

"Gota!" Tamaki smiles when he notices him. He hurried over to give him a kiss wrapping his arms around his neck. Gota smiled and rested his hands on Tamaki's hips. It was nice to be greeted by an omega who was in pre-heat. His scent was already filling the apartment. It made Gota feel like a real alpha to have the omega all over him.

"You cooking?" Gota asked, swaying with Tamaki a bit.

Tamaki hummed, "Yep. Prepping a bunch of hot meals! That way we don't have to spend money on take-out." Tamaki tilted his head a bit.

"You already know that I'm helping with your heart right?" Gota asked, smirking.

"Can we try for pups? My agency is already steady and making good money. I have a couple of sidekicks to do the street work so I can stay home for the pregnancy."

Gota tensed up looking away. He didn't want pups, and Tamaki never seemed to drop the idea. He had just finished college and got a job. There wasn't much reason to say no to Tamaki's request.

"How about your next heat? We didn't plan for pups this time around. I would like to prepare for them more," Gota smiled, hoping Tamaki wouldn't notice his true wishes. He loved the omega and wanted to keep him in his life, but he couldn't do kids. He hated them, and he grew up babying his siblings.

Gota's family grew up quite poor. He had about five younger siblings. He is the oldest of six. His father was always working to provide for them, and their mother had a couple of part-time gigs. Gota remembers selling his horns on the black market to help out his family. Gota had enough of a parenting life. He just wanted to take care of animals. He couldn't imagine bringing life into the world.

Tamaki sighed, his ears dipping a bit. Tamaki knew Gota didn't want kids. It was starting to become a deal-breaker, "Ya. Next heat we have pups. Promise me I will have pups while I'm young Gota. When my body isn't destroyed by hero work."

Gota dry swallowed some air looking away. He couldn't make that promise. It would trap him into being a parent. He didn't know what to do. It was making him feel stressed when he was just so calm. Gota pushed down the frustration, wanting to make sure Tamaki's heat went right.

Tamaki woke up in the morning feeling slick dripping down his thighs. His poor night shorts were ruined. Tamaki painted a bit, reaching for his water bottle pressing his knees tougher as he gulped down some water to help the immense warmth spreading through his body. An omega whine left his throat wanting Gota to wake up to take care of it with him. Gota stirred next to him and gasped.

"Oh wow your scent heat is intense," Gota's voice ruffled, still scratchy from just waking up. Tamaki's ears quivered, loving Gota's morning voice.

"Good. Now get undressed," Tamaki begged, leaning over pulling on Gota's shirt collar. Gota blushed, grabbing Tamaki's wrist.

"You sure are pretty in heat," Gota breathed, pulling Tamaki onto his lap. Tamaki purred at Gota, touching him even the slightest bit. Gota smiled, leaning in to kiss Tamaki. He blushed, feeling Tamaki's iron grip on his arm. He loved knowing the omega was desperate for him. His chest swelled with pride. Gota smiled and laid Tamaki on his back, nuzzling his face into his neck. He made sure he didn't bother the scent glands on Tamaki's neck. He didn't want to claim Tamaki. It would give him the false hope of pups.

Tamaki withered under Gota from his dominance. He enjoyed knowing he didn't have to be in charge at home as well. Tamaki raised one of his legs, locking their ankles tougher. He could hear Gota purring against his neck. He smiled shocking up the pre-affection before sex.

Gota sat up taking off his shirt for Tamaki. He didn't have much muscle due to being stuck at a desk. Tamaki purred looking up at the alpha, not caring. Gota's appearance isn't what Tamaki loved about him anyways. Tamaki pushed himself up to his elbows, taking off his shirt. His abs seemed to stab Gota in the eyes. Gota paused looking over Tamaki's muscular build. Though his muscles didn't bulge out, they were much more defined than his own. Gota swallowed, feeling his skin crawl with jealousy. Gota felt like he wasn't a purport alpha around Tamaki now he could see their bodies compared. No wonder Tamaki said he felt like an omega trapped in an alpha's body in high school; his build was just like one.

Tamaki paused looking up to see the hesitance in Gota's gaze. He noticed how his eyes wandered down his body. Tamaki felt his stomach drop. Gota had promised he would find him attractive, but he lied. Gota didn't like his body at all. Gota practically looked humiliated by Tamaki. Tamaki had to force his gaze away towards the wall. His eyes water due to his heightened emotions during his heat. He had been looking forward to sharing this heat with Gota.

Gota panicked seeing Tamaki start to cry, "Hey! Hey! Tamaki, it's okay. I love you. I don't care about how you look at all." He smiled and leaned over to kiss Tamaki's forehead. Tamaki forced himself to smile. This was an issue Tamaki didn't want to deal with.