II. THE MIGHTY BADGERS

THE MIGHTY BADGERS!

SEPTEMBER 1991

1st Year

• • • •

Thalia laughed as she, Eliana and Nora got off of the train, having to help the latter due to her short stature.

"It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal?" Eliana scoffed, "One of your mothers is Bronwyn Ortolano! The famous Quidditch player! And it took you the whole train ride to tell me!"

"I take it you're a fan of Quidditch?" Nora asked with a knowing smile, adjusting her black tie.

"Oh, you have no idea." Eliana nodded with a slight laugh.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" A half giant cried, herding the first years over to him.

Eliana's eyes widened, "Who's that?"

"Hagrid," Nora answered, "He's a good friend on Mum's."

"Woah."

"Right then," Hagrid said, "This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." He cried, directing the first years to the boats by the lake.

***

Being guided through the corridors of the castle, first years talked happily, pointing out moving paintings and staircases in awe.

Waiting outside The Great Hall, was Professor McGonagall, the deputy headmistress and head of Gryffindor house.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," Professor McGonagall greeted the children, "Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup." The woman explained.

There was then a croak by her feet and a scared looking boy jumped forward, reaching for the toad.

"Trevor!" He cried, before looking up at McGonagall - who stared down at him, "Sorry." He said, sheepishly backing away, making Nora giggle quietly to herself.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." McGonagall told them, before leaving.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train," A slicked back haired, evil looking boy spoke up before anyone was able to start a conversation., "Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." He said, walking up to the boy, making whispers ripple through the sea of students.