Chapter 2.

The ride was short, Wolfswood not being far from Winterfell

Diswyn didn't say a word. The boys talked and laughed with each other as they rode their horses in front of her.

Eventually the party came to the gates of Winterfell and Diswyn tensed. She didn't like people much. People had taken away her family, they had murdered her pack and hunted them.

They entered the town, the boys on their horses still laughing and joking while Diswyn wove her fingers through Obsidian's fur, easing both their nerves.

They got to a courtyard where all the men dismounted their horses.

The yard was a bustle of activity, men were rushing around carrying things from swords to plates of food. Women were walking in groups and chatting happily to each other. Children were playing games and running around.

They all stopped, the men, the women, the children. Everyone seemed to freeze as the young woman entered the yard on the back of a huge wolf.

They pointed and stared, whispered about her.

Shyly, Diswyn climbed off Obsidian's back, keeping a hand in his fur, partly to calm him and partly to calm herself.

Lord Stark handed his reins to a stable hand and approached the girl who now had a timid demeanour, very different from the fierce warrior he met in the woods.

"Diswyn," he gently began as he put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Are you alright?"

Diswyn nodded silently as she took in the large castle. She had never seen a building this large and grand.

As she watched the boys put away their horses she saw a small girl with dark brown hair run up to them and tightly hug Jon and then Robb.

She watched as they talked and as Robb handed her one of the pups. The little girl's face lit up as she took the pup and hugged it close. She clearly asked the boys a question and, in answer, Robb pointed in Diswyn's direction.

The little girl's eyes widened as she spotted Diswyn and Obsidian. Shyly she walked up to her.

"Hello," Diswyn smiled at the girl, nervous herself, "my name's Diswyn but you can call me Dis if you like."

The little girl smiled more confidently now, "I'm Arya Stark, can I pet your wolf?"

Kindly, Diswyn nodded and moved her hand in a 'come here' motion. Arya walked over to her and Diswyn took her hand. Gently she placed their joined hands on Obsidian's side and showed the younger girl how to pet him.

"His name is Obsidian, I've known him since I was a child. He may look scary but he's a softy really," she winked playfully at the little girl who laughed with her.

As the two smiled, laughed, and played with the wolf, the three young men looked on at the scene, each with a different expression.

Jon's was happy and amused as his little sister made a new friend. Theon's was lustful as he eyed up the beautiful yet strange young woman. And Robb's was a mixture of the two.