Chapter 3

3

"You sure are having trouble batting," Jimin said, popping another gummy bear into his mouth.

"Thanks for stating the obvious," Jungkook snickered, then held his hand up. "Toss me one."

Jimin grabbed a gummy bear out of the bag, but hesitated to throw it. He looked at the distance between where he was in the chair, and where Jungkook was sitting on his bed. "Are you sure? I saw you in the outfield today."

"Oh shut up!"

Jimin just giggled as he tossed Jungkook a gummy bear, only for Jungkook to miss it. The gummy bear fell onto the floor beside the bed, and Jimin pouted. "I told you!"

"That was your fault!" Jungkook laughed. "This is why you're not the pitcher! You can't aim—"

Jungkook couldn't finish before a gummy bear hit him square on the nose. He groaned and looked over to Jimin, who was giggling cutely.

"How was that aim for you?"

"Whatever."

"Okay okay," Jimin rolled his eyes and got up from the spinning chair and sat on the end of Jungkook's bed. "But really... why are you so off your game lately?"

"I don't know," Jungkook mumbled with a shrug. Jimin just gave Jungkook a weird look, but nonetheless hummed and got up.

"Fine. Don't tell me, but you know I'll find out eventually."

"Jimin, it's really nothing. Just stay out of it," Jungkook smiled.

"Aren't you just cute to think I could ever do that," Jimin tapped Jungkook's nose with a sweet smile and Jungkook tilted his head, watching the elder walk towards the door of his bedroom.

"Where are you going?"

"Oh," Jimin paused. "J-Just umm... just a date."

"Date? With who?"

"It's just... someone—" Jimin said really quickly, then opened the door.

"Stop," Jungkook demanded calmly and Jimin cursed under his breath. Jungkook got off his bed and walked to Jimin, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked down at the other with his eyebrows raised.

"Oh come on," Jimin sighed. "If you won't tell me your business, why should I tell you mine?"

"Fair enough."

Jimin nodded and went to turn around, but stopped. "It's with Chanyeol."

"Chanyeol?" Jungkook froze.

"I didn't wanna tell you because I knew you'd get worried."

"Well I-I didn't think you'd hang around someone like that."

"Jungkook," Jimin said sternly. "I know what Chanyeol is okay? But it's not that big of a deal—"

"God Jimin, you act like he's just a little fuckboy or something— he's a fucking drug dealer!"

"Like you don't hang around him all the time!" Jimin snapped and Jungkook took a step back, with his hands up in surrender.

"Fine. Whatever Chim, I'm just trying to look out for you."

"So you're allowed to do drugs but I'm not? That's kinda hypocritical, Kooks."

"You're better than me, though. But..." Jungkook sighed. "You're right. It's your life. You can do what you want."