Chapter 5

5

Jungkook stood against his locker with his arms crossed. He watched the kids scurrying throughout the halls, rushing to class or talking to friends. "Yo, Jungkook," Namjoon said, walking up to him.

"Hey Joon," Jungkook smiled and the two exchanged a small handshake before Namjoon joined him, leaning his back against the lockers.

"So," Namjoon began, speaking in a sort of hushed tone, "Chanyeol said he was looking for you."

"Hmm," Jungkook hummed, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket. "Where? Normal place?"

"Yeah. Locker room," Namjoon stated, then stepped in front of Jungkook, slyly sliding a roll of bills into Jungkook's pocket. "And hey, get me some too."

Jungkook simply nodded and Namjoon pat his back, walking off into the sea of high school students. After a few moments, Jungkook kicked his foot off the lockers and strutted down the halls, trying to ignore the shocking pain from the events of the night before.

Once he reached the locker room, he casually opened the door, coming face to face with an unexpected person.

"T-Tae?" he let out, voice suddenly going weak. Taehyung widened his eyes in something looking similar to fear.

"Jeon?" Taehyung whispered, then he turned his head back to inside the locker room.

"What are you—"

Taehyung suddenly pushed Jungkook out of the locker room and into the gym, covering Jungkook's mouth with his hand. "I don't even want to know why you're here," Taehyung hissed, "but leave. Right now!"

Jungkook slapped Taehyung's hand away and whisper-shouted, "Tell me what's going on!"

"Ugh," Taehyung groaned, running his hand through his hair. Right then, the door opened and Taehyung basically threw Jungkook behind a nearby trash can. "Hide!" Jungkook stumbled backwards until he finally sat up, still questioning what the hell was happening, kneeling behind the trash can.

"Is everything okay Taehyung?" Mrs. Lee's voice asked and Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.

There's no fucking way.

He sat up and looked around the trash can, only to see Mrs. Lee talking to Taehyung. "What the hell?" he whispered to himself.

"Um, yes ma'am," Taehyung smiled. "I just thought I heard something but I guess it was nothing."

Mrs. Lee looked at Taehyung hesitantly before smiling and nodding. "Come on," she said, turning to walk back into the boy's locker room. "We need to get back to business."

"Yes ma'am, of course," Taehyung stumbled, "I just- uh, need to make a call real quick."

Once again, Mrs. Lee looked confused by the boy's strange behavior, but shrugged it off and disappeared into the locker room... the boy's locker room!

As soon as the door closed, Jungkook jumped out from behind the trash can. "Okay, what the actual fuck!?"

"Jeon, I—"

"Why is Mrs. Lee— Oh! Holy shit! Are you hooking up with the headmaster?!"

"Am I— What?" Taehyung shouted. "No! No no no! Stop jumping to conclusions. I should be asking why you're here!"

Jungkook stepped back. "What do you mean? I-I was just t-trying to find my phone. I-I thought I might have left it in the locker room during P.E."

"Uh huh," Taehyung nodded, not believing a word the younger was saying. He smirked and stepped closer to Jungkook, slipping his hand around the boy's small waist. "I'm sure you weren't doing anything bad, princess," Taehyung whispered, leaning in until his lips were at the shell of Jungkook's ear. "Or else I just might have to punish you."

Jungkook gulped and linked his hands around Taehyung's neck, his breath hitching when Taehyung left a feathery kiss on his ear. "O-Of course not."

"Hmm," Taehyung hummed and Jungkook felt him shift his hands. Jungkook's eyes suddenly flew open, realizing what Taehyung was doing and he pushed him off... but it was too late. Taehyung held the ball of cash that he had taken out of Jungkook's jacket pocket in between his fingers with a disappointed glare. "Then what's this, Jeon?"

"It's my money, Kim," Jungkook snapped, taking the money back and stuffing it into his pocket.

"Don't take me for a fool," Taehyung said. Jungkook sighed and looked down at his feet. "Chanyeol got busted—- Coach caught him dealing drugs in the locker room. And now you're sneaking into the locker room with a wad of cash." Taehyung paused and saw Jungkook's chest move slightly, his only movement. "Something tells me you're one of his customers."

"You have no proof—"

"Exactly," Taehyung said softly, leaning back to Jungkook. "And neither does Mrs. Lee. But if they catch you here, they're gonna accuse you. You need to get out of here."

Jungkook nodded. He looked up at Taehyung and couldn't help himself. Why was the boy that hated him helping him? He placed his hand on Taehyung's cheek and quickly leaned in to place a soft kiss on his lips before spinning on his heels and walking away. He didn't want to question the kiss. It was just a thank you.