Chapter 4

Third pov.

The dining room table was filled with absolute silence. Damian, Dick, Tim and Jason all woke up early, the first two baffled by the latter two's presence as they were HATED to wake up at the ungodly hour of 8am in the morning.

Anticipation of the arrival of their father's "wife" to breakfast, filled them but they were careful for it to not show on their faces; years of training made them mask the emotion.
....all except Dick. He was bouncing like a child that's been given sugar, pure curiosity and impatience written all over his face.

Alfred stood in the dark end of the room, near Bruce's chair like always, wondering how Dick had managed to break into an unaware Jason's carefully hidden candy stash.

"Tch, where are they, Alfred? Father is never late. I knew that woman wasn't a good influence-", asked Damien, in impatience and slight anger before Alfred cut him off with a slight glare saying, "Careful how you speak of Mistress Wayne, Master Damien. She is the lady of this house and this kind of attitude will not be accepted by me or your father".

Hiding his slight surprise on Alfred snapping at him, very well, Damien swallowed the rest of his rude words and went back to suffering in silence.

Finally, footsteps echoed through the dining hall and Bruce entered first, looking great in an always impeccable suit but strangely a slight red color coated his cheeks. Perci came up behind him, a slight smile on her face, blushing a little too.

They both gracefully sat at their places; Bruce at the head of the table, and Perci, unsurprisingly at his right.

"Mistress Wayne, in celebration of your return, I made your favorite blue pancakes", Alfred said, with a slight happiness in his tone.

To say Perci's eyes lit up would be an understatement. Her whole face lit up like a freaking Christmas tree. But then with a slight smile, she pushed a plate toward Alfred and said, "Alfie, I can't eat unless you join us too, right Bruce?", slightly nudging said man with a small glare.

Bruce Wayne, who was looking at the whole scene with amusement, snapped his head to look at her and hastily nodded and said, "Yes yes Alfred, please do join us. You're practically family."

As soon as Alfred sat down, Perci quickly loaded two pancakes onto her plate. She then grabbed the blueberry syrup and proceeded to drown said pancakes.

"You're drowning the pancakes", Tim piped up, pointing the obvious to which Perci replied with a smirk, "I can't drown and neither can my pancakes", then further proceeding to wink at Bruce as if sharing an inside joke.

They ate in mostly silence, excluding the battle of sass remarks between Jason and Dick. Tim groaning and moaning for more coffee like a zombie, grasping the refilled coffee pot against his chest, like it was his lifeline, which it probably was.

Damien had barely eaten and was glaring/watching Perci.
This, everyone noticed, and Perci did too apparently as her eyes filled with slight hurt but at the same time understanding.

"Something you want to say to us, Damien?", Bruce asked

"How can you trust this woman? She calls herself your wife. You could be under hypnotization for all I know!", Damien said, voice rising louder by every word.

Bruce was a bit angry but understood where Damien was coming from. To them, he wasn't the one woman type or the lovey dovey type either. For a woman to come into their lives so suddenly was a big change. Suspicion was inevitable.

"I know I'm not hypnotized because for one, I have photos of us together. Of when we got married, our vacations etc. Secondly, you can ask Alfred about her. She has been with us for a few years now and he knows practically everything she likes", Bruce explained calmly.

Damien scoffed at the reasoning and got up and left the table.

Everyone but Perci seemed to know why he left and they were all torn between accepting this woman into their family or not because of Damien.
Perci had a pained look on her face uptil now and she looked to Bruce as if looking for permission for something.

Bruce hesitated a bit but nodded slightly. After that she wasted no time in running to follow Damien.

That morning, the married couple had a feeling that secrets would be revealed and alot of crying would follow.