The Interrogation

"I've told everything, punish me, let me DIE", the scream filled the empty room once more, Jawala is been repeating the same from the moment the interrogation started, but confession is not what interests the king, he wants details.

" These words do not belong to your king but to her mother" said Jawala slowly but bitterly. She spat on the floor out of disgust. The defiance was clear on her face. " That I can not say, I'm here on king's order" replied the interrogator in a calm, distant voice. The room was filled with tension and then someone enters the room. 

" Leave us", the Silhouette said in an indistinguishable feminine voice. And as the silhouette closed she lit the room that was dark from last how many days Jawala can not tell but it was long, in her mind it was a lifetime living in a fever dream with her most terrible memories haunting her and the interrogator, a thin long man who would ask her the same questions everyday, play mind games and never let her forget the war that was lost and it's aftermath.

"Do you have permission" asked the interrogator. 

"Yes I do" she replied as she showed him a parchment. After seeing the parchment the interrogator left and strange woman showed her face.

"Lilith?" Jawala asked the woman,  barely recognizing her, she looked like a friend from a life time ago and there she stood in her red satin saree, draped around her like fire swallowing her.

"Why do you insist on hiding details, you know the truth you speak will get you to the executioner's sword and the queen mother will see to it that you are dead" Lilith replied in a concerned voice. She is one of her companions from childhood, smartest of all girls she has ever known and she worries about my death, little does she know that death is not my punishment it is mercy.

"May be thats the intention", Jawala replied in a slightly condescending tone. 

"You never strike me among the ones who would accept defeat so easily, I though you were a warrior", she replied. She has something in her mind.

" King has tried his best to coerce you into telling the whole story and he hopes to know everything one day but today we have more pressing issues to discuss" she continued.

"What sort of issues" Jawala asked curiously.

"A lot has happened since you disappeared and a lot more since you are locked in the darkness, since you are not cooperating with truth king thinks he can use you for something else", Lilith replied

"What does he want from me, what can I do, the war is lost" Jawala interrupted

"Be the price of peace", Lilith replied. "Not all wars are won by swords and arrows, some are won by wits like a game of chess, I suggest you observe the game before you play it". she continued.