Chapter 6

Elizabeth walked through the house to make sure every window and door was closed.
She climbed the stairs and went to see how Melle was doing. Melle was rushing to pack her bags in a hurry.

They were leaving this afternoon to the party Sirius was hosting. At first, she was against their attending the party filled with so many wolves.

But she knew, Sirius had the right to see Melle. So, with great reluctance, she decided to attend the ceremony.

Melle was packing her bags very quickly. Dad and Lottie were waiting for them downstairs. She had an exam this week. She couldn't pack her bags earlier. Now at the last minute, she was hurrying not that she minds.

She was finally going to meet everyone and see everything Heli had mentioned. The last time she was too little to remember anything.

She was so excited that she was trembling with excitement. The feeling was overwhelming. Something made her feel very good.

Elizabeth smiled seeing her daughter's anticipation.
"Honey, Let me help you. We are leaving in an hour. We can't be late. It's a five-hour journey."

"I am almost done, Mum. Just give me 5 minutes." She ran to the bathroom to pack her bath stuff.

"Okay, sweetie. Hurry. "She turned to leave but then she called,

"Melle."
Melle replied without looking, "Yes mum."

Elizabeth closed the distance between them and gently hugged Melle.

Stroking her long beautiful red hair she said ardently,

"I know you are so excited to see everything. I just want you to remind us that where we are going, there is no human except us. You have to be careful, Sweetie. Not that anyone will hurt you. But remember wolves are vicious animals strong too. If they want, they can harm you. I just want you to stay close to us where we can protect you."

She softly said.

"But Mum, if they were to hurt me. You guys won't be able to protect me for they are stronger than the four of us."

"They are. But we can at least stay careful. Can we not? Moreover, Sirius and Helios would never let anyone touch us."

"They won't" She agreed.

Remembering her little brother's strength, he could easily take down Oliver. He was only 15.

"Okay, Now come downstairs. Dad and Lottie are growing impatient" she left the room to check on her husband and daughter.

Their luggages were loaded on the backside of the car and Oliver started the car. It was almost a five-hour drive. They lived in a city which was surrounded by forests on all sides.

And the road to Sirius's house was the most beautiful road Melle had ever seen. It was surrounded by dense forest on both sides creating a beautiful natural landscape.

Generally, Oliver was a very careful driver. He drove neither too fast nor too slow. The highway was deserted. And he maintained perfect speed. After almost crossing the bridge over the Nahiya river. The girls felt tired. Melle and charlotte were already sleeping. It was around 7 pm. And nothing could be seen without the headlights.

Suddenly, the car rolled over, lights swirled like crazy Catherine-wheels and the noise of the metal being bashed over the concrete was almost deafening. Melle jerked up landing on her stomach on the road and immediately tasted the iron-like taste in her mouth. Her eyes were blurry all she could see was charlotte's small body lying on the road covered with blood.

In blurry eyes, she saw a figure move in a distance. It was a tall man. No, A very tall man.

She could no longer stay awake. Her whole body ached like hell. She was trembling. One last time, she tried to open her eyes. Through blood and sweat, she could see that the tall man came closer scooping her in his arms, and whispered something in her ear.

"Shhhh ..Little one, You are going to be fine."

But Melle did not hear him, her heart was pounding like a hammer against her ribs. All she could think of was the well-being of her family. In blurry eyes, she saw two other men rushing towards the car. Melle mumbled something and then lost her consciousness.

All that stranger could hear was,

" God, Save my family."