Chapter 13

She was running in the woods.

Endymion was afraid that he might lose her in the dense forest. So, he shifted in his wolf form.

Then he saw her standing in front of the river. He thought what a smart girl she is. He then wondered why she had come in the first place to attend the ceremony in her heat season.

She was unmated for obvious reasons. Doesn't she know her single glance could make anyone mated or not fall for her? She was so ignorant.

Just the mere thought of any other wolf looking at her made his blood boil. She was too beautiful for her own good. She was such a fool. HIS little fool.

Endymion growled loudly and she immediately looked back in fear. Even in the moonlight, he could see she was scared. So scared.

His heart melted seeing her this much scared. He just wanted to hold her and let her know it was going to be fine.

She collapsed before she could jump in the river and Endymion in a split of nanoseconds shifted back and went to hold her. As soon as he held her in his arms, he felt as if all the years of agony, loneliness had passed.

Somehow his sister who hated him more than hate itself gave him something to cherish.

His thoughts subsided when his wolf told him to hold her close. Closer to their heart.

Endymion held her in his arms, she was like a little furball. She gasped for air. Endymion cooed in her ear to breathe.

After a moment she fell asleep.

Endymion felt as if this is heaven. The amount of peace he felt in his heart was too much. The cool breeze mixed with her peachy scent, her sleepy breaths in his chest was piercing through his heart. All the coldness and ice he built over the years not to look desperate was long gone. She melted every sort of hatred he had for his sister.

Her slow breath reminded him of his longing to hold someone in his arms. The amount of warmth she was giving even in her sleepy state reminded him of his loneliness.

He wanted to cherish something. To love something. It seemed that all he ever wanted was wrapped in one person. And Endymion found her when she needed him most.

Her beautiful long hair was trapped in an abomination of a BUN. He gently tucked it loosely and let her long hair fall. It reached her lower back.

He looked down at her face. She was breathtaking even in the moonlight.

She had red hair just like his mother. A small nose. Her cheeks were flushed due to the amount of pain she had to endure.

Suddenly, his stomach churned thinking she endured so much pain. Her cheeks were wet as she was crying. Endymion couldn't hold back his growl at the thought of her crying.

His eyes then reached down to her lips. Her plump lips invited him to do whatever his lips want to do. His wolf was on the surface. His wolf wanted to mark her now and then.

But Endymion wanted to know anything and everything about her in the first place. He would cherish this furball. His furball.

He would rather go to hell to see her cry again. He would never make her cry. He waited for his entire life to love her. He would not let her go. He has his eternity to hold her and then he would mark her. Everyone knew better not to touch something that belonged to him. So, she is safe in his arms.

He watched her sleep. He put his chin on her forehead and whispered,

Apparuit iam beatitudo vestra

(Now your blessedness appears)

She gripped his shirt in her little fist. Endymion smiled seeing how delicate she is.

Yet, she was so strong and intelligent. She managed to leave the hall room in her heat without catching anyone's attention.

He felt this is heaven. Then he looked smilingly up in the moon and said,
THANK YOU

What he did not hear was a simple WELCOME.