13. Brother

Y'all, bless my sweet little heart. Back when I knew nothing about marvel, my then boyfriend and I got into an argument about who would win in a fight: Thor vs the Rock. I was team Rock and I kept getting very frustrated during our argument. I basically channeled that same energy into the beginning of this chapter 😂 

Also, I'm very sorry about the delay. I've had writer's block and school, and the past two weekends I was busy seeing Shang Chi in theaters (IT'S SO GOOD!) and camping. 

Trigger Warning: mentions of abuse 

Word Count: 2,782

 "For the last time, Thor, bringing back the dinosaurs would be a terrible idea!" Bruce exclaimed. 

  Thor set his watering can at his feet, raising a finger for emphasis. "But you haven't heard all of the facts!" 

  Bruce crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow. 

  "I love them." 

  The scientist sighed, grumbling to himself. His boyfriend was great, but he could sometimes be...dumb. There wasn't really a nicer way to put it. 

  "Thor, there are literally six movies exploring how bringing back the dinosaurs would wreak havoc on the ecosystem. As a scientist, I think they're pretty credible."

  Thor squinted. "Are they though? I watched those movies with Peter, Steve, and Bucky and two of the characters looked suspiciously like Quill and the Grandmaster."

  "So?" Bruce asked. "It's still a bad idea! If you want to see dinosaurs, look at birds of prey or any kind of reptile."

  Thor turned his back to Bruce to water his lavender (also so his boyfriend wouldn't see the look of defeat growing on his face). "Fine. But one day I'll find a scientist that will agree with me." 

  "Pfft, that'd take a miracle," Bruce muttered. 

  Thor turned. "What was that?" 

  The scientist rolled his eyes. "I said--"

   "YOUR SAVIOR IS HERE!!!!!" 

   Thor furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, turning toward the direction of the muffled yell coming from inside of the compound. Realization began to set in. "Loki?" he gasped. The god ran back into his room and sped down the hallway, Bruce trailing behind him. 

  Some of the avengers had already begun to gather in the kitchen area, where the smug god of mischief had just stepped out of the elevator, adorned in his usual emerald robes. 

  "Loki!" Thor exclaimed, running up to his brother. He pulled him in a bear hug, lifting him off the ground. 

  "Thor, you're shocking me!" Loki hissed. 

  "Bah, it was no worse than that time I tased you on Sakaar." 

  A chuckle came from behind Loki, causing Thor to put him down. "That explains why Loki's hair is so greasy." 

  Everyone's eyes focused on the source of the new voice. A gray-haired man with a crooked nose, moustache, and kind eyes clad in a brown suit stood in front of the elevator doors. He blushed from the attention. 

  Thor walked toward him, pointing. "I haven't met you." 

  Loki blocked his brother's path. "Thor, he's a human. If you shock him, it could kill him. And I'd stab you for that."  

 He cocked his head. "Since when did you care so much for humans, brother?" 

  Loki blushed, folding in on himself.