three.

chapter three.

disclaimer: in this fic for reasons, dabi is 17-18 years old

he cursed, "you bitch! what the hell did you do to me?"

a crowd of 1A students started forming, watching the exchange. they whispered and gossiped, wondering what had to be done to get katsuki bakugou so worked up. he had been worked up before, but not like this. even midoriya seemed surprised. from what i had put together, they knew each other previously to UA. childhood friends perhaps.

"how rude of you to accuse me of such things," i put my hand on my heart, hurt. "after all, i'm just a weak girl, aren't i?"

smiling and walking away, i released my hold on his limbs. he shouted after me, asking where the hell do i think i'm going. he charged after me, nearly grabbing my wrist. his hand and feet froze in place.

"careful, you wouldn't want to end up getting hurt, would you? especially not on your first day. my, my, now that would be fun! showing all of the teachers and our fellow students that you managed to be hurt and beaten on your very first day at UA! oh, and first impressions never really do go away, you know."

"that's enough, ayatsuri." kirishima stepped in, placing his hand on mine. the sudden touch caused my hold on bakugou to end. "like you said, first impressions don't go away." he looked me dead in the eye. his expression was hard and stern. i hadn't thought he could look so serious. he then turned to bakugou and smiled lightheartedly. "sorry about ayatsuri! she's a little bit of a spitfire! always has been since we were little, guess nothing's changed. she's also super competitive, so i'd watch out," he laughed it all off. students smiled at him. they liked him.

—-

"there's something seriously messed up in your brain isn't there? i couldn't see it before, but now that i witnessed that hk's awful exchange, i've been enlightened." kirishima scolded as we walked to base together. it looked like we were just classmates walking each other home.

"you could at least act a little nice, but then again, that must be so hard for you since you can't even be nice to me and i'm your partner."

"watch your mouth." i lowered my tone. "it doesn't matter how strong your quirk is, mine is stronger. i could send you walking right into incoming traffic and nobody would suspect a thing. can't you see the headlines? "first year UA student commits suicide due to the pressure of what's to come as a future hero". sounds fun, doesn't it? shigaraki wouldn't be pleased, but everyone is expendable. everyone, but not me. you're nothing but an amateur coming to assist me. i'm the one in charge here. i'm the one they need. you're useless to me, and soon enough shigaraki will realize that too. he'll turn you to dust."

—-

"y/n! what do you think you're doing? stay away from them, you'll kill them!"

"mama, i just want to play like they do! why can't i see them? they're my brothers!"

the door slammed. locked in with no lights and nothing to entertain me but my own thoughts.

"you will stay in there until you've learned to control yourself. you're dangerous. you aren't like your brothers. you're out of control."

it was happening again. the lecture about how i'm too dangerous and spiraling out of control to know my own family. i don't even remember their names. why did i have to be isolated? i wasn't going to hurt them! i just wanted to play like they can with each other. mama's quirk is dangerous too, what's so different about me?

"no, micah! mama and papa said we aren't supposed to see her! she wants to hurt us!"

micah. was that my brother? i've never heard them speak before, only laugh. want to hurt them? i never said that! mama and papa are lying!