𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚜 ⁽ᴾᵃʳᵗ ¹⁾┃𝚂𝚘𝚘𝚗𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚗

Warning: nothing serious, Jihoon's just helplessly in love 

╔═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╗

Mʏ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢs ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʟᴏᴏᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ғɪʀᴇᴡᴏʀᴋs

╚═════ °• ♔ •° ═════╝

Jihoon looked up from his laptop, watching Soonyoung converse with Minghao. He was in a daze. Maybe it was the way Soonyoung ran his fingers through his hair, or the tank top he wore that showed off his muscles. Whatever it was, Jihoon loved it. Looking back down at the laptop propped on his lap, Jihoon contemplated for a while before closing the programs, shutting it down.

"Hey, do you want to go watch the fireworks later tonight?" Jihoon looked up from his bag, wondering who was talking. It was Soonyoung, smiling widely, his eyes turning into crescents.  Jihoon blinked rapidly. Did he mean a date?

"Minghao and I are going, I thought you might want to tag along."

Bold of Jihoon to assume it was a date, he was just going to be a third wheel while the other two laugh and joke happily among themselves. Frowning, Jihoon was evidently annoyed at the mention of Minghao's name.

"Is something wrong?" Soonyoung asked, noticing the way Jihoon's face showed dislike. "No, it's just that I have a date tonight." Jihoon let the lie roll off his tongue easily, continuing to pack up. "Oh, really?" Soonyoung was clearly disappointed. "Yeah."

"Well, I guess there was always another time," Soonyoung said, watching Jihoon swing his backpack over his shoulder. Jihoon just hummed. He had hoped Soonyoung was interested, even just a little bit, with his date. He had hoped Soonyoung would ask who he was going out with, making him feel like he had a chance. It was the only way Jihoon could sleep at night. Knowing Soonyoung cared for him, even as a friend it was good enough. But Jihoon craved so much more.

Mumbling what sounded like a goodbye to Soonyoung, Jihoon turned on his heels and left the classroom, walking quickly out of the school where he caught a bus home. With his earphones in, Jihoon looked out the window, watching as people set up for the fireworks later in the day. Jihoon was going to watch them from his room, sitting in his comfy chair with his laptop on the table in front of him, just in case inspiration strikes. In his hand would be a cup of tea, steaming hot with a few chocolate chip cookies nearby, in hand's reach.

The fireworks were barely visible from Jihoon's balcony (as Jihoon had experienced last year), seeing as he was on the second floor with large buildings blocking his view. He never bothered for a clearer view, because going down to fields to watch would mean seeing happy families and sweet couples. Jihoon was planning to spend the night alone.