two

As I was making my way through the crowd of drunk, loud and obnoxious people I bump into someone, their drink spilling over my dress.

"Oh, shit! Fuck, sorry!" The person says holding onto me slightly so I didn't fall after the collision.

I look up towards the person to see it's a guy a little taller than me. He has a blue, white and grey sweater on plus a matching pearl necklace to Jackson. In fact he looked quite similar to Jackson except he has more of a serious expression.

He scratches the back of his head. "It's just water so it won't ruin your dress, here!" He says quickly walking towards the kitchen, he signals for me to follow him.

He gets paper towel and hands it to me.

"I'm Hubert by the way." He says before refilling his drink.

"As in Hub?" I ask, looking down at my dress while I dry it.

"That's the one. Why, you know another one?"

I look up at him and he's smiling this time. I smile back as I put the paper towel down on the bench. "No, my brother mentioned you before."

"Oh shit, you're Gwen?" I nod for clarification. "Great first impression huh?" He laughs.

"Oh the best!" I laugh back, we stand there for a moment unsure of what to do.

"You want a drink?" He asks, pointing towards the packet of red cups.

"Yeah, a water and anything alcoholic, I was supposed to get a drink for my friend."

"Lydia, right?" He asks as he turns his back towards me to fill up the cups.

"Mhm." He hands me both of the cups and we stand there for a moment. It wasn't awkward silence nor was it comfortable. It was more confusion on what we were supposed to do next.

"Um, I should probably take this back to Lydia." I signal towards the cup of water.

"Oh yeah, you go I think I saw some people walk in that I wanted to say hi to. Sorry about the dress by the way." He taps the side of my arm before walking off, yelling over to some random people.

I nod to myself and walk back to where I was previously.

"Finally." Lydia says between laughter. "It's been a year, but Baron actually became funny."

I hand her the cup and sit back down on top of her.

"It's the alcohol, he's never funny when sober." I smile as I take a sip from my drink. "I meet Hub by the way,"

"Oh yeah? What do you think?"

"He looks very serious." I say as I mimic his facial expressions.

"He's usually like that, but he's a cool guy." Jackson says to me smiling.

I return the smile and take a sip of my drink.

"So, opinion on your first L.A party?" I ask quietly to Lydia. To my surprise her face wasn't in a frown but a smile.

"If all the L.A parties involve guys like these," She gestures her head towards Jackson and Dylan as they talk amongst themselves. "then I never want to miss one again."

She had a point. All the New York boys we'd met were very different compared to these ones.