four

Gwen's pov;

As if by magic, Lydia had quickly gotten better. Except she wasn't acting like her usual self. She was acting like an L.A. girl, perhaps she can't see it but if she realises it she will freak out.

We were in Huberts car, me in the passenger seat and her in the back. She chatters on about everything while Hubert drives.

"I'm just going to say this, and Gwen, I know what you're thinking and I am too but, maybe, just maybe, the boys in L.A. aren't that bad.

I smile and roll my eyes as I rock my head back into her direction. "Lyd, you're killing me."

"Hey, what's wrong with L.A. guys?" Hubert asks interrupting Lydia and I's semi-staring contest.

He eyes flicker back and forth towards me and the road. I let out a short scoff. "They're from L.A." I deadpan. "It's not a personal attack on you though." I say with not so much reassurance.

"It seems personal," He laughs. "and anyway, I'm not even from L.A."

"Yet here you are." I shrug staring towards the road.

"And what about you," I see from the corner of my eye that his head continuously turns towards my direction. "Aren't you in L.A.?"

"As a guest." Lydia chimes in from the back.

"Exactly," I agree as I turn my head to wink at my best friend.

"Oh right." He nods.

For the rest of the ride we talk briefly about things like our lives and things like that. We arrived at Esters house where we unlocked her house with a key she left under her pot plant for us, the three of us got our stuff and packed it into Huberts car. BY the time we were driving back to Barons house Lydia was stuck in between it all.

"So Lydia," I turn my neck to see her scrolling through her phone. "what L.A. boys exactly were you referring to before?"

She lifts her head from her device and offers a wide grin.

"Because," I continued when I thought she wasn't going to answer. "Last night, I thought either Dylan or Jackson who we met last night, but this morning I'm thinking more of the guy we met this morning, what was his name again?" I turn my head towards Hubert for conformation.

"Presley."

"Presley," I repeat back.

"I mean, come on Gwen, you have to admit," She breathes. "you can't tell me that you've been repulsed by every guy you've met so far here."

For a split second, my eyes shift over to Hubert. Why? I couldn't tell you.

"Alright. They're not all bad." This time I look over at Hubert. He smiling.

Hubs pov;

"I mean, come on Gwen, you have to admit, you can't tell me that you've been repulsed by every guy you've met so far here." Lydia says towards Gwen, as if I don't exist.

With a long pause, Gwen finally replies. "Alright. They're not all bad." For some reason, a smile forms on my face. I keep my gaze focused on the road, hoping neither of the girls will notice, especially Gwen.

Unfortunately, from the corner of my eye, I see Gwen look over at me.

"What?"

I cough and try to take control over my face. "Nothing, I just thought of something."

"Thought of what?" Lydia questions from the back.

"You wouldn't get it."

Gwen dramatically gasps at me. "Did you think I was talking about you?"

I scoff quickly. "No."

"You did!" She laughs. "That's cute, really it is."

Embarrassment starts to wash over me as I keep my eyes focused on the road. We're almost home...

"I bet that's something you haven't heard before." She says before zoning back onto her phone.

author—
uhhh, apologies for me disappearing. i was logged into another account so i kind of forgot about this but i'm trying!!!