The Aviasols

Figures seemed to flicker between the trees, strange, shimmering figures that were there one moment and gone the next. Almost like ghosts. Except no horror tale's ghoul ever resembled these odd beings.

For when she glimpsed them, she noted that they towered far above her, around seven or eight-foot-tall, with long necks, like giraffes. They were slender though, easily able to flit between the close-packed trees without hinderance.

As they came closer, it became more obvious why they were hard to see here. Their skin, usually dark against the tree trunks, changed tone depending on their background. For a moment, it would be green as a bush passed behind them, then blue as the sky became the main backdrop.

Unsure of what she had stumbled upon, she reached for her weapon which hung...

From an Eagle's talon of a hand that stretched out in front of her.

"You were looking for this? But we don't plan to hurt you, child," The voice came to her like the lyrical tweets of a bird, high-pitched and lilting.

It was an oddly lifting sound though. She felt she could trust it as she reached out and took her weapon, putting it back in its holster.

"Thank you... Look, who are you?" She asked, still quite confused.

"Us? We are the Aviasols. This forest is ours," Came the reply.