2

2. (Harry’s POV)

“Get up.”

He groaned and flipped over, pressing his pillow to his head. With an annoyed sigh I ripped off his sheets. Louis’ hand raised only to flick me off, then it fell back down against his incredibly worn out pillow. He shuddered from the cold but was too hungover to do anything about it.

“Louis.” I said impatiently, “Lou, I’m getting breakfast with Zayn and Liam, and you better be up and at the assembly.”
“No.” Was all that I could make out of his muffled response.

I flicked on the lights, opened the blinds, and smacked a pillow over my best friend’s head. Louis finally got up, shoved me off the bed and changed into something that didn’t reek of alcohol.

“I’ll see you in fifteen- okay?”

“Yes, mother.” Louis rolled his eyes, flopping back onto his bed to try and nap off the beginning of a terrible hangover.

--

My legs pumped as I raced across campus. The wind was incredibly strong today and the air was already starting to get cold. It was fucking up my hair. I hugged my jacket tighter to my chest and forced my legs to move faster, fearing that without me, my friends would somehow manage to get into deep shit. As I waited at a crosswalk, nearly there, my phone buzzed. I looked down to see an image of my two friends, Zayn and Liam taunting me with a six pack of beer. It read: C’mon mate, we’re gonna finish your goods.

Great. Not only were they drinking without me, they were drinking my beer. Fucking fantastic.

“About time, Harry.” Zayn grinned when I finally made it to the benches by the quads where we usually sat.

“This is fucking rubbish by the way,” Liam added, gesturing to what was left of my beer.

“Stop stealing my booze!” I laughed, smacking Zayn on the head before taking a seat with them. “Morning gents, you thieving bastards.”

“Oh c’mon, we got you breakfast.” Zayn smirked, tossing me an apple. I looked down at it- there was a big bite in the center.

“Thanks.” I smirked bitterly.

“Need a beer then?”

I eyed the five empty cans and asked, “Is that a good idea? We’re at college in half an hour.”

“Like you care.” Liam rolled his eyes and tossing me the last one.

“Without it you’ll be starting the day poorly.” Zayn teased.
I raised an eyebrow, “Starting poorly? Maybe I shouldn’t go then.”

“Skip the first day? Harry, mate, it’s our last year. The sun is shining the birds are chirping… ” Liam began but was interrupted by a burp.

“Yeah, we’re drunk and able! I have a good feeling about today.” Zayn agreed, nodding at the unopened can in front of me.

Oh, what the fuck I thought, grabbing the can and emptying its contents down my throat.

“Speaking of drunk, how’s Louis?”

I laughed and shook my head, “He was completely wasted when he snuck in last night. I could hear him across the hall.”

“Damn, why didn’t he let us come?” Zayn complained. Louis had gone to some girl’s party last night not even twenty minutes away. He went on and on about how excited he was to see her and how great it was going to be, but refused to let any of us tag along.