8

8. (Harry's POV)

Olive's eyes lit up as she was introduced to the lot of us. Jennie kissed her straight on the mouth rather than giving a friendly handshake, but other than that it was relatively calm. That is, until she came and sat beside me.

"What'll it be, sugar?" I teased, waving the menu under her nose. "Or are you one of those girls who won't touch anything unless it's green and less than fifty calories?"

"I eat if that's what you're asking." She snatched the menu and looked it up and down then turned to the nearest waiter, "A grilled cheese, chips, and vodka."

"Any kind of vodka in particular, love?" The waiter's eyes hovered on Olive's chest for a few seconds longer than necessary.

"The biggest glass you have." She slumped against the booth, then realized the waiter's intended question added, "Straight."

He took note and gave her a nod before going to get it made up. No doubt it would be a rush order, out in seconds. I usually get similar reactions from female waitresses... or at least I get a nice smile.

"Vodka, huh?"

"Mhmm."

"Pictured you more as a fruity, flowery drinker." I smirked, winding an arm around her shoulders without even realizing what I was doing. "You know, whatever the guys at the bar tend to buy you."

"Nope. I'll take the free stuff, but the key to my heart is wonderfully plain vodka."

I laughed and nodded at her admirers, a crowd of ten or so guys from some Uni. They had their eyes glued to Olive's every movement since she arrived, I only know cause my eyes haven't left her either. "I'll be sure to let them know."
She turned to get a good look and offered them a tiny wave before whirling back and sighing, "Dildos."

"Not good enough for you?"

"Too easy." She agreed.

"So you're one for a challenge?" I approved with a sly nod.

Olive rolled her eyes, "Are you suggesting that you are?"

Did she not see me with my arms around not one, but two obviously attractive girls. My brows furrowed and I laughed awkwardly, "Uh, yeah."

She took a quick breath and shook her head. "Aw, Hazzy, you thought you were picking up those girls? They're easy. And you're better looking than most of the guys in this bar. So, given the options they picked you, let you do whatever it is you do, pretended to enjoy it, and hoped to get off with you later."

"Whatever it is I do?" I threw back my head, she had no idea what I could do, "Girls come running to me like I'm going out of business when I work my magic."

"Cheesy pick up lines and fruity drinks?" Olive teased as her food arrived.

I reached over and picked up a few chips while laughing with her. "Serious pick up lines are shit at getting girls, you gotta use the cheesy ones!"

"Alright, sparky, shoot." She pointed half her grilled cheese at me, "Pick me up."

My mouth slacked as Olive wiggled her eyebrows. She dropped the sandwich, brushed her hair over one shoulder, and tugged her shirt lower to show even more cleavage. I could barely swallow. Ok. Ok, this is what she wanted. I needed to stay calm... cool... collected.

"She'll have a vodka. Straight. Big glass." I called out to the fricken waiter still staring at her. Step one, get her a drink.

"Mmm so far you're doing poorly, Styles." Olive licked her lips finishing off her original vodka. Step two, start getting her drunk.

"Fuck me if I'm wrong, but isn't your name Bethany?"

"You know my name's-" Olive stopped and burst into laughter, "Ooooh, I get it 'fuck me if I'm wrong.' Ha ha ha. Have you ever actually gotten the girl's name right?"
I bit back a smile and held up a finger, "Once. It was terribly awkward."

I cleared my throat, pretended to crack my neck, and murmured suggestively, "Anyways, I couldn't help but wonder, do you live on a chicken farm? 'Cos you sure know how to raise a cock."

She spat out her drink and doubled over laughing, "So. bad. Fucking hell where'd you learn that one?" Step three, make her laugh.

She smirked and went back to work on her sandwich, "Alright, funny pants, keep going. Make me want you."

"I mean usually at this point, she's leaning into me giggling and two drinks away from being shit faced."

"No big move? No, 'I'm Harry Styles, women everywhere want me' grand finale?" Olive swayed a little but composed herself and waited for my finishing act.

I laughed and held up my hands, "I don't know if you're prepared for it."

"C'mon, Hazzy! We've made it this far, I'll even pretend to be wasted." She begged, dramatically leaning against me while giggling at herself softly.

"I pull her in." With a slightly unsteady sigh I pulled Olive closer to me. Her breath hitched a second, "And I press my temple to her temple." I did so, "Then, very softly, I whisper in her ear just how ravishingly beautiful she looks. How she is literally the most fucking beautiful person I'd ever seen. I murmur how badly I want to be with her. I tell her how amazing I can make her feel with only a few flicks of my wrist. I wait for her breath to pick up," Olive's eyes fluttered shut and I pressed my forehead to hers, "Then, oh so gently, I brush my lips against yours- erm hers- and let her take it from there."

A few seconds there we both remained quiet, lips centimeters apart, breath uneven.

But then, she pressed two fingers to my lips, gently pushing me away. I watched as Olive drew a deep breath and opened her eyes. They were the color of ice and felt as cold. I steadied myself and released her arms. Fuck. I should not have done that. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Now, I'd be stuck on her for awhile.

She coughed and brushed a few strands of her raven black hair behind her ear, "Well done, Haz. For a second there... Well done."

I just sat there and stared at her. Did she not feel that fucking spark? If that wasn't a sign, who knew what was. Fuck. I shouldn't have done that. One look at her and I knew I'd spend far too much time trying to write a poem as beautiful. One touch and I knew I'd crave the feeling of her silky skin underneath my fingers forever. One kiss... One kiss and I'd be done for. Which is exactly why I turned, got up, and left.

I refused to give her the satisfaction of that. I didn't want her to have me entirely, I'd go mental.

"Fucking hell, she, my friend," I pointed to where Olive sat now talking and laughing with Zayn, "She defines fifty shades of fucked up."

"I told you so." Louis didn't even try to mask his smug look, "Fall in love with her already?"

"I didn't." I snapped far too quickly and far too defensively, "I don't do love."

"Neither does she." He chuckled, draining his rum and coke, "I was wondering who'd break who first..."

"She did not break me." I snatched the pint in front of him and poured myself out a glass. I was not broken. Just confused as to why she didn't give in. Annoyed with how she held herself so high. Completely and totally overtaken by the smell of nicotine and vodka on her lips... Fuck. I was not broken. I wasn't. I couldn't be.

"This is pretty record breaking... Two days and you've already got it bad for her. Even I don't know how she does it."

"I don't have it bad for her." I groaned. Another drink. Another glance in her direction, only to catch her blue eyes staring me down. "She's just hot. Emotionally disturbed. Mysterious. I'm simply drawn in from sheer curiosity."

"Sheer curiosity, uh huh?" Louis raised his eyebrows. He could read me too well. I wondered if Olive ever got this annoyed by him.

"Bugger off, Louis." I sighed, looking for some other girl to pick up. Fuck did I need a distraction.