Part 1

It was a sweltering hot and very dry day in Cairo, felt Mr Inquisitive a rather enthusiastic, novice explorer. It didn't make him feel any better that after hours and hours riding on a stinky camel's flea-bitten back (that hurt him in the butt every time it moved) in a vast desert with no water (as all of the water had been clumsily spilt in the sand about an hour ago by foolish Mr Inquisitive) only to arrive at a boring looking ancient ruin (a pyramid maybe?).

Mr inquisitive was naturally very disappointed (and annoyed) as his trip (read: ordeal) was nothing like what he had seen in movies and on television. You know, where adventurers go to majestic pyamids, almost always encounter creepy mummies (shudder-shudder) and take home a lot of gold and jewels. He was in the most sorry state; his delicate white skin was sunburnt badly, his shirt was drenched in sweat, his hair were disshelved, his tongue was begging for water, his stomach for food and his legs for rest.

Though the pyramid certainly didn't look like what he had imagined, it had a mysterious aura that he was drawn to. Gazing warily, Mr Inquisitive, armed with a torch and his beloved backpack bravely marched (tottered) inside the dark, maze-like pyramid. He staggered forward and clutched what he thought was the wall for support but it turned out to be a...?

A/N This was originally written for a school project, hehe. Please review and let me know what you think.