chapter one ; 01

Like...
Phew, I don't know why I'm so excited, maybe because this is the first real chapter, this is the first book I'm looking forward to writing, I just don't know but please see Don't let this flop 😅😅

I couldn't breathe .....        

I found it hard to breathe, It felt like I was immersed in a large quantity of water. every attempt I  made to come out of that electrifying force that seemed to pull me back in, seemed useless. every time I made just one move, It felt like my head would burst anytime soon. screaming was not an option, and then I was going to die, and probably no one or nothing would save me.

I shut my eyes tighter wanting the pain to go away.

I kicked, thrashed pleading silently for it to be just one of those regular nightmares,  but the rate at which I was sinking deep into the water scared me, scared me to the extent that I saw snippets of my life flash before me.

Let the pain go away.....

  I willed mentally for the pain to go away, that dull burning ache that seemed to embrace my heart, I was going to die alone inside this water that wasn't showing any form of mercy, and the thought that I would be forgotten happened to pull numerous strings in me, and that foreboding feeling of anguish sent me to fight harder, fight for what I truly wanted.

RABI!!!

The sudden call of my name made me jump out of the water hastily

    When I looked around, I met the face of my mom looking at me like I had grown an extra horn. It was at that point I realized that I had submerged myself in the water in my bathtub. I quickly jumped out of the bathtub wrapping my petite body firmly with the robe that hung lazily on the hanger. Without saying anything my mom walked out, which made my skin crawl.

I lazily sat on my bed,  casting a long disdainful look at my school uniform that sat proudly on It, I  still couldn't believe that school was finally going to resume today.  I heard repeated knocks on my door, just when I was about to reply, the door burst open revealing deeyah's round head, which housed a full afro hair that sat beautifully on her head, with perfectly laid edges.   she was in her uniform already, spotting a huge grin. she held on to the door knob a little longer before her eyes finally met mine, and I didn't miss the little gasp that escaped her mouth.

"You're not ready yet?"  she shrieked, taking big steps inside the room and banging the door loudly in the process.

"What's there to look forward to ", I coughed out, my joints felt numb, and my skin hurt at any slight touch, an after-effect of staying too long in the bathtub.

I felt a soft dip on my bed, and I hastily looked at the intruder.

"That was fast. " I muttered.
I mean she was on my vanity table when I spoke, and it was a long distance to my bed.

"Come on rabi you know you can't be late,  " she said, looking at me with different emotions visible on her face.

"You know you have to be strong, you shouldn't let other people get to you," she muttered slowly pulling me in for a reassuring hug. One that spoke thousands of unspoken words, one that also shared the tight-knit bond we had created over the years, I sniffed her neck, and her vanilla mixed perfume hit my nostrils. Which made me pull away from her almost immediately,