Chapter 17

The grand wedding was over and we talked about it in the car on our way home

The grand wedding was over and we talked about it in the car on our way home. "Hey, can we stop by an ice cream parlour? I'm really craving for one right now," I said.

"Whatever my lady wants," he said and I smiled. I was still in the beautiful red gown and the heels which were killing me.

All the ice cream shops were far from us so we choose to pick a bucket from a local supermarket. It was a struggle to get out of the car without stepping on my own dress but I did!

We were choosing between two flavours when we heard a little girl shout, "mum look!" she then started running towards us and her mum behind her. I stood in front of the little girl so she doesn't get lost.

"Hey there, sweetheart, why are you running from your mum huh?" Kepa asked kneeling down to her height. This man is good with kids too?

"Oh my god, you are a pwincess right? And he is your pwince, isn't he?" she asked in her cute little voice. I was in a ball gown and Kepa was dressed in an expensive suit so I can't blame her I guess.

But why am I blushing when she called Kepa my prince? The bloody hell is wrong with me?

"I'm so sorry, Ella come on now don't trouble them," her mum said but I replied, "oh no it's fine. So, Ella, you like Disney princesses huh? Which one is your favourite?"

I somehow managed to kneel down to reach her height as she replied, "I love Cindewella because we share the same name and she's so beauwiful. But my favourite colour is red and none of the pwincesses have red gowns. You do, what is your name?"

Oh god, these kids are so pure! "My name is Valerie but I'm not a princess," I said and her smile dropped. "Why?" she asked. I forgot kids have many questions. I looked at Kepa for help and he got it.

"She was a princess, she's a queen now," Kepa replied taking the little girl's attention. "She's a queen! That's even better than a pwincess! And you have a red gown! You are my favourite now!" she jumped and she looked at me and Kepa.

Oh my god, she's so cute! I didn't want to burst her bubble because she was so happy and full of life! I looked at Kepa to see him looking at Ella and then back at me with a grin.

"Wait why haven't they made a movie on you yet?" the little girl asked. "She's very busy you know, she treats people in her..." Kepa looked at me for help not knowing what to say.

"In our kingdom," I finished for him. "Oh wow! You are a doctor! None of the other Disney pwincesses are a doctor! Mum, she's a doctor! You save the world!" she exclaimed looking at her mum.

I giggled at her behaviour and Kepa joined me. A kid will believe anything you tell them.

"So are you really a pwince or a thief like Eugene?" she asked looking at Kepa with big excited eyes. Kepa was confused so I came to his rescue, "he's actually a footballer. He was playing football and got injured once and-"