Chapter 13

"Bye-bye, get yourself home safely okay?" I said as Kyle got out of the car

"Yes I will but, you get her home safe am I clear?" he warned Kepa to which Kepa just raised his hands in surrender.

I giggled at their behaviour as Kyle entered his apartment building. We started our way to my house now. "Kepa when do you have to report for practice?" I asked as I looked at him

He was in black joggers with a thin white tee. "I don't have to report today," he said as he glanced at me. "Why?" I asked.

"I took a leave." He said casually.
"What why?" I asked as I turned towards him.

"Did you really think I'll let you be after the state I saw you in yesterday?" he asked with raised eyebrows. "Yes but that doesn't sum up to you taking a leave!" I replied.

"Yeah you are right, I should have taken a two-day leave for this," he said as he looked at me with a frown. I sighed as a small smile covered my face.

I shook my head as I took a sip of the coffee he got for me. "What did you say that they gave you a leave?" I asked.

He flashed me his million-dollar smile and chuckled. "I just told them I needed a break," he sounds so unconvincing right now and that mischievous smile wasn't helping at all.

"What did you say Kepa?" I asked again.
He chuckled and looked at me for a second before saying, "I told them that my girl is not well,"

"And they let you?"I asked. Wow, they are so lenient with the holidays. Just because his girl is...no, "wait," I said as I processed everything.

I haven't slept for 24 hours; my processing power is very low right now so deal with it! "Here it comes," Kepa said with a smile on his face.

"Did you just say 'my girl'?" I asked.
"See, girlfriends are very important and they know that. They wouldn't give me leave if I said something else. And also that's not a complete lie right?" he said defending himself.

I ignored the last part and said, "So they all think I'm your girlfriend now?"
he shrugged and said, "They all were happy about it and started teasing me. Especially Mount, Tammy, Zouma and Alonso. They have so much energy and excitement inside them I swear to god," he chuckled at the end.

I giggled back at the image of three grown-up professional footballers teasing Kepa. I shook my head and said, "You are crazy," he took my hand in his making electricity flow through and said, "You are making me,"

My cheeks turned red and I took another sip of the coffee before saying, "I'm still not okay with you taking a day off," he chuckled back and said, "you will be, I have plans,"

I gave him a confused look and said, "Plans? I'm going to sleep the entire time,"
"Yeah, I know. And if you don't, I'll make you," he replied.

I would give anything to have a look inside his mind right now. What has he planned? I opened my mouth to ask him but he cut me off by saying, "Before you ask, I'm not telling you,"