Chapter 3

"Yes sir, room no 605 right?" I confirmed

"Yes sir, room no 605 right?" I confirmed. "Yeah," he said.

Today was busier than ever! Dr. Scott was going to go on leave starting tomorrow for a week. He was trying to finish all the work beforehand. As I and Noah are his two interns, he distributed his work between us. We even have to handle his appointments.

I thought now that he'll be gone, it'll be much better but nope! We have to do his work as well as ours. Noah was pretty pissed about this and so was I.

I walked into room 605 and started with the work. I had to fill some forms out and note down the patient's condition.

"Do you feel anything anywhere, Mrs. Danvers?" I asked her. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl today, I was there with her. Of course as a helper! While giving birth she had clenched my hand very tightly but I didn't say anything. I know how painful that is.

"I'm totally fine. When will I be discharged?" She asked. Every patient asks the same question and I reply with the same answer, "The doctor will decide that according to your condition."

"Okay, thanks a lot! By the way, you didn't seem like an intern to me until the doctor called you that," she said.
"It's my pleasure! And yes, I've been told. I honestly just can't wait to end my internship year!" I said.

"I bet. Can I have your name?" She asked. "Oh yes, Valerie Mirvette," I said.
"That's a beautiful name," she said. This reminded me of my conversation with Kepa yesterday.

No. Stop. Don't go there. He's been on my mind all the time. I think about him coming here again. But why will he? I bet I will never even see him again. That thought itself makes me sad. I am looking forward to him coming. I really want him to.

"Val, there's a call for you" Noah called out. I walked towards the desk and picked up the hospital landline. "Valerie Mirvette speaking," I said.

"Kepa Arrizabalaga is here for you, should I approve?" the receptionist, Samuel, asked in a very rushed tone like he was excited. "Yes please, I'll be down soon," I said.

Oh my god! He's here! Oh my god! I hopped towards the elevators and started my trip down. I pulled my cheeks a little and combed my hair with my hand. I looked at my reflection in the elevator door and smiled.

The doors opened and suddenly I felt nervous. I breathed in and out and then walked towards the main reception. On my way there I saw Kepa standing near the stairs looking around.

He didn't notice that I was here so I started walking towards him at a slow pace. The stairs are usually not used by anyone so that area is always very empty.

I was now very close to him when he caught me with his eyes. "Hey! I wanted to scare you!" I whined. He gave out a toothy smile and laughed.

"I'll always catch you, Valerie," he said. I just rolled my eyes and chuckled, "I'll get you next time, for sure"