|| 1.04.2019 ||

A/N: Ari has a nightmare and scares all of her members.

Italics - English dialogue

<<<<<<<<< ATEEZ >>>>>>>>>

Seonghwa had been deep in sleep when he heard something (or rather, someone) rustling about at around 2 am. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and looked around the room to see where the sound was coming from. It wasn't coming from Hongjoong — the leader could sleep through just about anything.

It had to be Ari; she was the only other person in the room.

The eldest stretched as he stood up from the comfort of his bed, shuffling over to his angel's bed. He was wide awake as soon as he realized what was going on.

Ari was thrashing about in her bed, mumbling incoherent words to herself in her sleep. She looked pained and upset.

She was having a nightmare.

Seonghwa tried to shake her awake, but he was unsuccessful, as Ari was still thrashing around. Whimpers and small cries left her lips, causing the eldest member's heart to break. He hated seeing her in pain like this; whatever she was dreaming about must've been so scary, and there was nothing he could do to help her.

"Ari. Ari, wake up. It's Seonghwa; you're just dreaming, angel." Seonghwa told her quietly, so he didn't disturb Hongjoong's sleep.

"NO!!!" Ari screamed suddenly, her voice filling the silent dorms.

Seonghwa's heart jumped from her scream, having been so close to Ari. Hongjoong sat straight up in his own bed, frantic to untangle himself from his sheets and see what was wrong with his baby girl.

Before Hongjoong could get a word out, Ari screamed again. Her voice sounded broken and sorrowful, as if she was mourning the loss of a loved one. It broke his heart to see someone he considered to be his daughter be hurt by whatever hellish images that were playing in her head. He just sat by her side, gently rubbing his thumb over the top of her hand as tears built up in his eyes.

Seonghwa couldn't bear to hear her pleas and cries of desperation, and he allowed his own tears to fall down his cheeks. "Oh, sweet girl... what could have caused you to become so terrified?"

Meanwhile in the next room over, Wooyoung and Jongho sat straight up in their beds at the sound of Ari's screams.

Wooyoung got out of bed and dashed to his best friend's room, taking in the heartbreaking sight of his favorite ray of sunshine thrashing around in her bed and cries leaving her lips. Taking a seat next to Seonghwa, Wooyoung grabbed Ari's other hand, hoping to provide some form of comfort for the girl.

Jongho walked in the bedroom a minute later, his heart shattering at the state his friend was in. How could someone who was generally so bright and bubbly have such terrifying dreams? He walked around her bed and sat next to Hongjoong, worry written all over his face for Ari.

Yunho and San were the next to be startled awake by the sound of their friend's shouts. The two of them stumbled their way out of their beds and to Ari, Hongjoong, and Seonghwa's room.

Seeing his fellow golden retriever in such a state, Yunho immediately dropped to his knees. He'd never seen her cry before, and it made him want to cry, too.