XXI

"What'd he say?" Kaminari questioned as Kyoka walked out. "I'll tell you in the car." She mumbled. "Alright…" He mumbled. The two sat in the car as Kyoka sighed. 

"I'm not gonna jump to conclusions." She whispered. "What?" Kaminari questioned. "Koume was found with Lichtenberg scars all over her body." She whispered. Kaminari's eyes widened. He gripped onto his hair. "You don't think-" Kyoka took his hand and rubbed his knuckles. 

"Even if you're a villain, I trust you enough to know you wouldn't kill your own sister." She whispered. Kaminari looked down at her hand, blushing. Kyoka blushed as well and pulled away. 

"We also have a lead."

---

Kaminari knocked on the door, Kyoka standing next to him with a notepad in hand. Moments later, it was answered by a reasonably tall young man. He had unruly black hair with onyx eyes and a soft face. 

"Can I help you?" He questioned. "Are you related to Yui Rei?" Kyoka questioned. "Uh, that's my aunt." He responded. "Great. Is she available? We need her for questioning." Kyoka replied, showing her license. "Come on in." The man mumbled, opening the door. 

"Auntie!" He called out. "Coming!" An older voice replied. "I'm Fushi Rei." He introduced, shaking both their hands. "Yeah?" The woman questioned, walking in. She had dark grey hair with white eyes. 

"What's this?" The woman questioned. "These are pro heroes, Auntie." The man replied. "I'm not a-" Kyoka elbowed Kaminari's sighed. The woman's eyes lit up. 

"Heroes." She chuckled. "I'm Yui Rei. Anything I can help you with?" She questioned. "Uh, yes. We're on the case of Koume Kaminari." Kyoka replied. "Sorry. Never heard of her." Yui mumbled. 

"Miss, I believe you have." Kyoka mumbled. She pulled out an old photograph of Koume. "Oh…" The woman whispered. Kaminari and Kyoka shared a look. 

"I suggest we sit down."

---

"Thanks." 

Kaminari mumbled as Fushi handed him and Kyoka cups of tea. "She was quite young. She looked to be four." Yui explained. "I remember before finding her, she was screaming at someone. Her brother, I believe." Kyoka felt Kaminari tense up. 

"I heard her scream and she fell out in front of me. Her heart had stopped before I'd even reached her." She sighed. Kyoka's heart felt uneasy at the thought of a child dying. It could've been Kako. 

She looked over at Kaminari who was fighting back tears. "We should go. Thank you so much." Kyoka mumbled, standing up. "Of course." Yui responded. The two walked out, Kaminari staring out at the setting sun. 

"Lichtenberg scars." He whispered. Kyoka placed a hand on his back. "You okay?" She questioned. He looked down at her, his eyes soft and vulnerable. "Not really." He sighed, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. 

"Well, if th-" "We should get to sleep." He mumbled. Kyoka watched as he walked out to the car.