XXIV

Kyoka looked down at the slip of paper then up at the old building. She looked up at Kaminari. "Let's go in." She whispered. "Uh, I'm hungry! How about-" She grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. 

"You wanted to find out about your past." She mumbled. Kaminari gulped and nodded. Kyoka turned on the flashlight to her phone, shining it around. 

From what it seemed, the building was empty. But Kyoka had watched too many horror films to be decided by that. She looked over to see a stairwell. "Denki." She whispered, not realizing she'd let his first name slip out. 

"Huh?" He questioned, turning to face her. "Stick together." She mumbled, moving closer to him. Kaminari nodded and the two walked upstairs. 

It wasn't any different. Broken glass, old papers, and rags. Then, Kyoka spied a torn manila folder hidden behind a crate. She reached down and grabbed it, blowing away the cobwebs and dust.

"Kaminari." She gestured toward him. He quickly walked over. "Yeah?" He whispered. She showed him the folder. Kaminari's eyes widened. Her hand ran over the cover until it reached the fold. She gulped and finally opened it. 

-

Kyoka's heart raced as she opened up the folder. Inside were old photographs and an old tape. Kaminari looked just as confused as her. The first photo was one of lichtenberg scars identical to the ones on Kaminari's back. 

"What the hell..?" He whispered. Kyoka continued flipping through the photos, showing all sorts of pictures of Kaminari. Kyoka felt sick looking at them. 

She finally reached the tape. "I can't." She whispered, dropping it. Kaminari quickly grabbed it off the floor. "Calm down. We're so close." He mumbled, dusting it off. "Denki- I can't. If it's gonna show something happening to you I can't-" She was interrupted by him hugging her. 

"I'm right here, Kyoka." 

Kyoka looked up at Kaminari, who also had tears in his eyes. "Let's find the VCR, there's gotta be one close by." He whispered. When he turned, Kyoka was still in shock. She wanted him to kiss her, and she assumed he was going to.

She felt horrible for thinking that. 

Finally, Kaminari came across an old VCR covered in dust and ash. "I found one!" He exclaimed. Kyoka quickly rushed over. She put in the tape, her stomach aching. Kaminari took her hand and gave her a reassuring smile as the tape began playing.  

A/N: I realized I haven't updated since September 😁😁 I got a random Inspo so expect some updates byeeee🤓🤓😂😂😞🌺😗😗😭😥☹💜💜🌸😠💛