seven | ALL DISCUSSIONS LEAD TO GROVER

VAL DISCOVERED THAT TO PERCY and Annabeth, Grover was a very interesting subject to discuss. They talked about his trial and his search for Pan and blah blah blah and you get the idea.

"What's this 'other way'?" Percy asked Annabeth. "The thing Clarisse mentioned?"

Annabeth picked up a stone and skipped it across the lake. "That one was good," Val noted. She picked up a rock and skipped it herself.

"Something Clarisse scouted out," Annabeth explained. "I helped her a little this spring. But it would be dangerous. Especially for Grover."

"Goat boy scares me," Tyson murmured.

"Goat boy's scared of me," Val said rather subconsciously.

"To be fair, you materialised out of thin air in front of us looking like a zombie who'd been through Tartarus-" Annabeth began.

"So you think I'm scary?" Val teased.

"No - what? - no - I didn't say - "

"Tyson, why would you be scared of Grover?" Percy interrupted Annabeth with his query.

"Hooves and horns," Tyson muttered nervously. "And goat fur makes my nose itchy."

And that pretty much ended the Grover discussion.

THE HERMES CABIN WAS A lot more welcoming than the infirmary. When she had first arrived at Camp Half-Blood, due to looking like, as Annabeth had described, "a zombie who'd been through Tartarus", Valentine had to live in the infirmary for a few days. She hadn't really liked that. The hospital rooms were quite barren and cold and the lack of decoration was a little disconcerting. Compared to the Hermes cabin, it might've been a prison cell.

It may have smelled bad, had dirty clothes and trash thrown everywhere and kids possessions strewn all over the floor, but it was far more homely. You just had to keep an eye on any valuables, but it wasn't as if Val even had any.

Val wasn't Greek, that's for sure, but she liked their style.

The only thing that hadn't changed when transferring from the infirmary to cabin eleven was the dreams. All demigods have weird dreams. That was inevitable. But Val had dreams of things that would probably get her killed in this camp full of Greeks. Like memories of Camp Jupiter. And visions of what was happening there. There was also a dark corridor of which Val had never seen without it being in her dreams. She saw that a lot.

Val had been awake for a few hours, not wanting to sleep or dream. Eventually, exhaustion engulfed her and she drifted of to a light state of sleep. Romans were trained to sleep lightly. Val wasn't very happy about that part of their training when a huge racket outside the cabin awoke her. She hasn't wanted to sleep, but she was still tired.

She cursed her training as she pulled on some shoes and grabbed her gladius, rushing outside to check out the noise.

"Dragon!" Was what a few kids were yelling. Most of the camp seemed to be crowded closer to the magical borders of camp. Val jogged over to the crowd.

Everyone was in a mix of pyjamas and armour, a few handling bronze weapons. Val's sword was the only weapon that was gold, not bronze.

She went over to Annabeth, because a) she probably knew what was going on because she knows everything and b) Val didn't see anyone else she knew.

"What's going on?" Val asked Annabeth. The girl she was talking to seemed to be the only one not in pyjamas, but the clothes she had been wearing during the day. Good lord, did she sleep in that?