Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up at nine pm, realizing that I'd fallen asleep at three thirty. I had no desire to go back to bed, so I walked into the living room. I saw my sketch pad on the kitchen table, so I went there and opened it. I flipped through my drawings, noticing that since I'd come to Florida the majority of my sketches and paintings revolved around Brett. 

I also realized that they had all been from memory, I had never made him pose for one. I went to my room and grabbed my phone, then returned to the kitchen. I sat down on the kitchen counter and scrolled through my contacts, picking out Brett's name. 

"Hey, baby," Brett answered on the second ring. It made me sick to my stomach upon thinking how he'd called that girl baby just yesterday. 

"You wanna come over tomorrow?" I asked, pushing aside my thoughts. 

"Sure, do you want do something?" he replied. 

"No, you'll see," I said mischievously. Brett chuckled. 

"All right, baby, I'll be over at eleven," he said and I hung up the phone after saying goodbye. I couldn't wait to sketch him and his perfect features. 

I hopped of the counter, walking to the pantry as my stomach growled. I pulled out ingredients to make a sandwich and got to work. Once I was done I polished off my sandwich with a glass of milk and went to the living room to watch tv.  

I plopped on the couch and grabbed the remote, flicking through the channels as I heard my phone go off. I picked it up, reading the text message on the screen.

From: Brett

Can't wait til tomorrow. XOXO

Sent 9:17

I smiled to myself as I sent a quick reply and turned back to the tv. A rerun of Friends was playing and I quickly picked up on what was going on in the episode.

xxxxxxxxxx

I woke up the next day on the couch, the tv still on. I picked up my phone to check the time and saw it was nearly eight. I groaned, pulling myself off of the couch. I yawned and stretched, my back popping in the process. I was a little sore from sleeping on the couch. 

I picked up the remote and turned the tv off, then headed to the kitchen for some food. I pulled out a box of cereal from the pantry when Ali walked in. 

"Don't even bother," she said as she walked up and took the box out of my hand, returning it to the pantry. 

"Why am I being refused food?" I asked curiously. 

"Go shower up and change, we're getting donuts," she replied and walked back towards her room, yawning. 

I also walked to my room, looking in the mirror. Thankfully there weren't bags under my eyes even through I'd watched tv until about one in the morning, because I'd slept a long time the day before. 

I walked into my bathroom and turned the shower on, full heat. I brushed my teeth as I waited for the water to warm up. When it did, I slipped out of my clothes and got in. 

The hot, steamy water helped my aching muscles and I felt a lot better when I got out. I blow dried then straightened my hair, walking into my room with just a towel on. I screamed when I saw Brett sitting on my bed. 

"Relax, Beth," he said as he got up and hugged me, my heart rate slowly going back to a steady pace. 

"Why are you here early?" I asked.