Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Later that day he was released from the hospital because he was doing so well, and they were sure he didn't have a concussion. His broken rib was already healing, it hadn't been broken that badly so it would only take two or three weeks for it to recover. The rest of his injuries were also doing great, and Brett keeps telling me it's because of me. Of course, I don't believe him, it's silly to think that my presence could physically heal his injuries. Sure, I can believe him when he says I take the pain away, but not heal him.

Brett's lips met mine as I pulled into the driveway of his house. I smiled into the kiss as I intertwined my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer. I felt him smile into the kiss, and he wrapped his arms around my back. I pulled back and smiled at him.

"We should get you inside, so you can rest," I said as I got out of the car and walked around to his side so I could help him. He resisted my help even though I saw him flinch as he leaned on his wrist the wrong way when he got out. "You really need to take it easy. I don't want you getting hurt more."

He stood up, closed the car door and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"All better," he whispered huskily in my ear, and shivers of lust ran down my spine. He pulled away, smirked at me, then walked up the sidewalk. I followed him, locking my car with the remote on my keys, and followed him in the house when he opened the door.

His mom was sitting at the breakfast bar, tapping away at the laptop in front of her. She looked up when she heard us walk in and gave us a warm smile. I returned the smile.

"Hey mom," Brett said and walked to where she was, giving her a light hug.

"Hi honey," she replied, returning the hug. "I'm almost done with this thing for work, then I'm going to start making dinner. And your dad is coming home early today." She looked at me, still standing in the hallway. "You can stay if you like." I looked down at my clothes, the same clothes from the day before-I'd spent the night at the hospital again-but they were now crumpled. My hair was pulled up in a messy bun and my back was still aching from sleeping in a chair again.

"I'd love to, but I need to take a shower and change," I said apologetically. I really would love to stay and have dinner with his family. I heard footsteps descend the stairs and saw Brett's brother, Brennan, walk down.

"Brett, I see you've brought me some dessert for tonight," Brennan said, winking at me. I chuckled; Brett's brother always seem to be like a player, even though he could hold down a girlfriend for a while if he wanted.

"Sorry, Brennan, I'm taken," I replied and winked at Brett. Brennan chuckled. "Anyways, I really should get going. Great to see you guys!" I waved as I walked out the front door and closed it behind me. I went to my car and slipped in, turning on the radio as I peeled out of the driveway and drove to the beach house.

xxxxxxxxxx

I woke up the next day and felt so refreshed from sleeping in a bed again. I looked at the clock to see it was nine; I'd had almost eleven hours of sleep.

I got out of bed and went to bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hopped in the shower. I let the warm water run over my body longer than necessary until I finally got out. I chose to wear white denim American Eagle short shorts with a loose peach colored Gucci tank top. I matched it with peach sandals, the same exact color as the shirt, and straightened my hair. I got my phone out and sent him a quick text, telling him I was going shopping with the girls that day.

I grabbed my small gray sparkly Coach handbag, and put my phone and Louis Vuitton wallet in it. I put on a thin line of silver eyeliner and some mascara, defining my eyes and making them pop. I walked out of my room to see both Ali and Kathy sitting at the kitchen table eating. They were both already ready.