Friendships

"Baba please, I'm only asking for a month"

"Everything is being planned out already. I can't change the date"

Zayn had been trying to convince his baba to postpone the date for the claiming ceremony which was set for next week. It's not only because of Liam, but also because he really doesn't know how to handle the whole pack alone so soon. He had been to only a few meetings since he came to know about Liam being his mate. But that doesn't mean he's capable of being in charge.

"But baba, think about me. I have zero knowledge of the pack, I've only attended a few meetings in these two weeks. How can you expect me to lead the whole pack? Can you give me such a big responsibility?"

"And whose fault is that? You were the one busy causing trouble around with Louis, not thinking once about your future. Do you think I'll always stick around you, guiding you in every step? I became a pack alpha at the age of 19 too, but I didn't need my baba to babysit me. I did everything on my own and I expect you to do the same"

Zayn knew he was at fault, but when his baba voiced out those words, it hurt him, "And I'm really sorry for my behaviour. I was trying to rebel especially after Zaina. I did all those mischief solely to piss you off. You know how I blamed you for what happened to her and everything I did was to just annoy you"

Yaser sighed, "You know very well I couldn't help her, it was her wish" Anyone with eyes could see how defeated he was when it came to his daughter.

Zayn nodded, "I know that but you've still not answered my questions. I know nothing about her disappearance, and you've all kept me in the dark"

"It's for your own good Zayn. Some things are better kept locked up"

Zayn inhaled deeply, it's always like this when he asks about his sister, "I don't want to talk about her. Right now, please consider changing the date. Please baba, I'm begging you"

"It's out of my hand beta and-"

"Baba" Both father and son whipped their head to the door where Liam stood, fiddling with the ring on his finger. The omega used to call Yaser 'baba' and Trisha 'mum' just how Zayn and Zaina called them when he was young, but that changed after Zaina's disappearance. Seemed like Liam was a bit different after the incident.

Though on the outside, Liam was still bold and brave but the ones closer to him knew he was not the same inside the four walls of his room.

Yaser's heart swelled on hearing that word from Liam's mouth, "Y-yes Liam" He always considered Liam as his own son and when they knew Liam was the future luna, his future son-in-law, he had hoped that the omega would be the same old Liam, who used to laugh and always had a big smile on his face.

Zayn was shocked to see Liam who was wearing Zayn's jacket, which was two size bigger, though he looked perfect in that. The skirt he was wearing reached his reached his knees, Zayn saw he was wearing a thin top under the jacket. His skin looked so smooth, Zayn wanted to run his hands on those soft thighs, leave marks on the pale skin with his lips..

Not the time Zayn!

The omega entered the Malik house with timid steps. The alpha's heart always swelled on seeing Liam in his home. Memories of Liam and Zaina playing around the house, Liam and Zayn arguing over some silly thing, Zaina always protecting the omega, everything replayed in his mind.

"Baba please listen to Zayn. I know you're mad at him but the pack doesn't need to bear the consequences of his actions. I myself am having a hard time to wrap my head around this situation. I've no idea how to be the perfect luna like mum. I really need some time to learn everything and be like her, at least I hope to be"