The Assignment

|The Assignment|

*** PERCY JACKSON***

Sunshines and rainbows...

That, despite others protest, is not my favorite thing to see the morning after such a big 'assignment' being placed on my shoulders. I am the son of the sea god so at the end of the day it wasn't that much big a deal.

"Agent Peter A.Wood. You need to go to a place called Delphis Strawberry Servies in Long Island New York. We have reason to believe they are hiding something, something big."

Sarai Williams was my partner, of a sort, she was a co-worker. My name is Peter A.Wood but you may know me by my birth name, Percy Jackson.

"You mean the joint out in the middle of nowhere? You're crazy!"

It's my job to go and keep the locals in check and the businesses from being fishy.

"I need you on the road by tomorrow! Try to be there before sundown, please"

Its kind of like a cop or sheriff but we have less regulations, more funding and our jobs are less known to the common, public eye.

"Fine but at the rait your going , I need a pay raise, Blueberry."

I was forced against my will to be here because I stumbled on there territory and because I managed to do that I got the job in three seconds or less.

"What makes you think your good enough? Peter your not the good guy in this story."

"You think I don't understand that? Sarai I am the last person to be tilling this too! I didn't tell you I was the best I just told you I'm better than half the people on our team! Don't get me started."

Incase you didn't know I'm an immortal. It was my decision to me this way just mine to fake my death, if there was a problem I'd save from a distance because i was tired of being a pawn, If I save the world its gonna be my way.

"Just get the job done."

I know that sounds so selfish, and rude, and just plain gross coming from a dude with loyalty as his weakness but the gods broke me and I didn't intend of being 'fixed' in whatever sphyotic way they wanted.

"Peter Wood, you have a lot to learn, I'm older than you and smarter as well. I'm thirty-six dude, your just a silly twenty year old who stumbled on this land and didn't get caught in time."

Sarai Williams wanted the same for me as the gods, a pawn in their game of chess called life. The truth? I hadn't remembered last time I knew my birthday, I could not remember my age, I lost count past six hundred three and I never had a day off since before the giant war.

I remembered the events from last night, her screaming and shouting, naturally, I yelled back in defiance and it reminded me just how much I had changed, makes a guy wonder what the gods were like when they could count there age on there fingers and toes.