chapter 20

I was at Bri's and Jules' house by myself and decided to clean up before finally reading Avon's letter. I hesitated as I sat on my bed. I blew out a shaky breath before opening it and reading it.

Hey Sadie baby, I know you might hate me and I take full responsibility for that. I know that I caused you pain and I know that saying sorry won't help. I never meant to hurt you yet I did. I can't take back what I did but I wish I could. I was just jealous and I let it get the best of me. That's not an excuse but that's the main reason I did it. Plus Denise was getting in my head, yet I was the one who did it.

I should've just let you be since I was already cheating. Denise was just easy so I went for it. I know it must hurt worse to know that I cheated on you with your best friend, someone you told everything too and loved. She's the one who gave me your new address. She's been keeping tabs on you and letting me know everything.

I'm truly sorry for all the pain I've caused you. I love you so much Sadie. I wish that I could take everything back. I'm ashamed of myself and my father is too. I left something for you at his house. His number will be on the back of this letter. Call him. Again, I'm so sorry Sadie. I love you.

I felt a tear slid down my cheek. I quickly wiped it and dialed the number. It rung 4 times before a voice sounded on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey Mr.Johnson. This is Sadie." I spoke nervously.

"Oh hey Sadie. I haven't heard or seen you in a while." He excitedly spoke. He always loved me as if he was my father.

"Yeah I know. Avon told me to call." I told him.

"Oh right. He left some boxes here for you. We can meet tomorrow if that's fine with you." He answered.

"Yes sir that's fine." I told him. We spoke some more before saying our goodbyes.

Fee's POV

"Kendall stop." I whined before giggling.

"Girl gimme my kisses." He said before attacking my face with kisses. I laughed and tried to hide my face with my hands.

"I love you." He said before kissing my lips.

"I love you too." I said while looking at him. We were having a picnic at the park.

He takes me on dates every other weekend to let me know that he still loves and appreciate me. I hope these dates never end.

"What you thinking about?" He asked me.

"Us. I hope we last forever. I don't know what I'll do without you." I said honestly.

I met him when I was 20 and he was 18. We've been in love every since but I didn't want to date him since he was 2 years younger than me. The people I hung around with always made jokes and I let their words get the best of me. I just felt ashamed to love someone younger than me.

Until one day I knew for a fact that I couldn't be without him. We were dating on the low and I never wanted anybody to know. But when he was 20 and I was 22, I didn't care who knew. I didn't care who talked about us because I was in love with him and he made me happy.

"We will. You'll be my wife one day and the mother of my children. I don't see any other woman in my future besides you." He said before kissing my hand.

" He said before kissing my hand

"You need a haircut." I said while laughing.

"Always ruining the mood and I just got my haircut yesterday so I know you hating." He smacked his lips.

"Aww come here baby." I poked my bottom lip out before laughing again.

"It looks bad?" He asked while rubbing his hand over his hair.

"No baby. I was joking." I told him. He was so fine. I loved looking at him.

We talked more about our plans for the future and about his shoe business. He was doing well and I was proud of him. He was thinking about opening another store and he wanted me to be in charge of it while he kept his main one in check. He was also thinking about hiring teens to work in the other one.

He loved kids and always wanted them to succeed and stay off the streets. He knew of some kids who were working their way towards the wrong crowd so he was going to ask them if they wanted a job. He could relate to them.
•••

How do you guys feel about Avon's letter? Do you guys believe him?

•I wonder what he left for her 👀.

•Fee and Kendall are so cute 😩.

•Leave comments and feedback.

•Votes will be appreciated.