Dear Mama, I've Got A Fever!

Dear Mama,

     Max took me out to the loveliest restaurant. They had white tables clothes and silverware that shone! The waiter wore a tux, Mama, a tux. It's a good thing I dressed to the nines that day. I wore a maroon suit that made me look fantastic. Max wasn't there to disappoint either. He looked quite dapper with his dark black coat and his red and black vest. He had a hat on the top of his head, it had the strangest symbol on it. Oh, you should've seen the smile he had. He looked as if he just won the lottery. He grabbed my hand and kissed me on the cheek. Not in front of the other people though. I wonder if he's embarrassed about me. It might also be the fact that it isn't as widely accepted. I barely see any men kiss or even hug each other here. I think that's why he pulled me to the side. He pulled my chair back for me to sit in, I was blushing, Mama. How can he be so handsome and respectful?

     Anyways, the food was amazing, Mama. I had a thing called a 'Chicken Schnitzel'. It was chicken that was fried and had a tasty sauce on top of it. Max ordered a 'Sauerbraten'. That dish looked kinda like pot-roast. He even let me try some of his meals. It was delicious. Then for dessert, we had sweet venison cake. The strangest part, it didn't have any meat in it! It was a roll of chocolate with something in the middle of it. It was okay but not nearly as good as the beignets we make. My favorite part of the meal was the wine. It smelled amazing and tasted better! The waiter gave us the whole bottle to use. I was so surprised, I've never had a whole bottle in a restaurant. Anytime my glass was empty, Max would fill my glass. I told you, Mama, he's a gentleman. When we finished our meal he lead me to the exit and opened the door for me as usual. Oh, Mama, that man gives me butterflies!

     He held my hand and led me to a park. It was beautiful. The sun was barely setting and it made everything look stunning. We talked as we strolled through the beautiful park. He told me all sorts of things about himself. Like how he had a stutter when he was younger, and how he moved from Saxony, Germany to New York. He also told me how stunning I was, and how he loved my playfulness. He spun me around and hugged me. Oh, Mama, that man gives me a fever that never breaks.

    He lifted my face by the chin and stared me down. He asked if I've ever been with a real man. I shrugged, I didn't know how to answer a question like that! What should I have said, Mama? Should I have said yes or maybe no? I'm so confused, Mama. So I pulled him down by the bow tie and asked him if he was a real man. Mama, you should've seen the look he gave me. You should've heard his wonderful laugh. I felt like that was a great recovery. What do you think, Mama?
     After that discussion, he walked me back all the way home. He kisses my hand and told me to be careful. I felt so giddy that I invited him to my house. We sat on the couch and talked for a few more hours. Mama, that man, and I clicked. He was so sweet and warm. I went to shower because we had work tomorrow. Once I was finished washing I dried myself off and walked to my room. The most embarrassing thing happened. Max was in my room. I stared at him and he stared back. He grinned and said, "Are you just going to stand there?" I got my sleepwear (hiding my undergarments) and ran back to the bathroom. I dressed there, and then put my dirty clothes in the hamper. Max washed after me and borrowed clothes that were too big for me.

     Even then, the borrowed shirt was tight and fit him awkwardly. My shorts, which ended past my knees, looked like biker shorts on him! He looked so funny, Mama. The both of us slept in my bed. We barely fit, Mama. We were chest to chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I was blushing so hard, you could've called me a lobster. I slept so easy that night, Mama. I hope you've been sleepy easy. How has your shop been doing? I love you, Mama. I can't wait to have enough money to fly you here. You'll love it here, Mama! Sure, it's a bit different, and the people aren't the best. But at least we have all these new opportunities!

Sincerely,

Alastor