Kit Walker - Escape Plan

One shot - You and Kit are tired of being locked up for a crime you didn't commit, and so a plan is born.

You were exhausted of being here. Exhausted of being held responsible for some vile shit you didn't even do, and so was Kit. You both knew you didn't belong here, unlike these other insufferable psychos. If you stayed here another night, you would probably become one.

You can still remember the day you were brought here. The day everything went to shit. You see, you were an elementary school teacher. So kind, so innocent. When you were driving home from a long day of work you come across something. Not even quite sure what it is at first until you get out of the car.

It's a body, a body of a child. One of your students. You scream and cry for a moment before contacting the police from a nearby pay phone . When they arrive you're gone, you couldn't bare to look at the limp body of your beloved student another second.

Of course with you fleeing the scene, the child being your student, and the cops in your small town being as shitty as they are, did the easiest thing there was to do and pointed there fingers at you. Without there being any proof, you ended up in this fucked up place they call a mental hospital. What a poor choice of words for the name. They don't help you like a hospital would, if anything they make you more insane than you already are.

"Y/N." You're brought out of your terrible thoughts by the only kind face you've known in months. Kit. You gave him a half-hearted smile.

"We have to leave. Tonight." That's new, Kit is usually the one trying to wait for an exact moment to execute your plan. I guess now is that moment. "Oh, thank god. I can't stay here another second.... but what makes tonight the night?"

"There's gonna be a storm, everyone will be too distracted to even notice we're gone. If we don't do it now, we never will." This was it. You were getting out, finally. After months and months of torture, you were going to leave. Soon. You kissed him, with the light of a thousand fires. Now don't get me wrong you guys have definitely kissed before but this one was so fueled by happiness and passion. It was more than just a peck in secret when no one was looking, or a quickie in an empty corridor. It said more than words could do to describe how ecstatic you were right now.

That is the exact moment sister Jude walked in. She stared daggers through your heads. Now, surely she wouldn't punish you for kissing Kit beings the hundreds of other nuts in here dry hump one another on the daily. No, she couldn't possibly do that. Instead she settles for criticizing you from a far.

*later, during the storm*

You sat, watching the terrible film they had put on. Waiting for Kit to give you your cue to book it. You stole little glances at him to make sure you didn't miss it. You sat apart, as to not raise suspicion of your escape. You looked over and he gave you the look. That's when you got up and asked the guard to visit the restroom, he begrudgingly said yes. You walked out and headed towards the spot you had planned to meet Kit once he got out.

Shortly after Kit came sauntering down the hallway. The sight of him brought a giddy expression to your face.

We're doing it. We're gonna get out.

As he finally reached you, you gave him a smell peck and were off. Down the corridor making sure to avoid any staff of the asylum.

As you were approaching the last hallway in this hell of a place. You heard voices, you weren't exactly sure who's voices but you weren't gonna stay to find out. You ran the other direction. Hoping the small detour wouldn't affect your plan too much.

After a little bit of jogging. You could see it, the exit. You ran as if, if you didn't get there fast enough it would disappear. And before you knew it you were out. Out side. Out in the open air, you felt like you could breathe for the first time in, you didn't even know how long. But you didn't stop running, no. You didn't stop running until you were sure you were safe. You ran as fast as you could. Kit right on your heel.

Soon enough you were there. Safe. You stopped running momentarily to celebrate.

"We made it." Kit whispered, more to himself than to you. He looked you in the eyes. "WE MADE IT!" This time he was talking to you. You nodded your head with the biggest smile you've ever had, and joined in on the screaming.

"WE MADE ITTT!!!!" You screamed together, because you could. Without consequences. Without having the fear of the fact that you'll get spanked with whatever torture device sister Jude could dig up until you can't even sit. You screamed until you couldn't anymore. You screamed until your throat went dry. You screamed until you could barely talk. You screamed until you could barely breathe even.

You pulled him into a kiss. Somehow even more passionate than the one you shared in the commons. You didn't think it to be possible, but evidently everything is possible when you aren't locked in a hell house.

When you have freedom you take it for granted, you don't think about the fact that you have freedom because you always have had it. Until it's taken from you. You never thought about this amazing feeling of being independent again. Until you were in the asylum.

You were happy. For the first time in forever and you couldn't imagine being this happy with anybody other than your beloved Kit. Your rock, your everything. You would probably have lost your mind completely by now if it weren't for him. If it weren't for his beautiful face, kind heart, and adorable accent.

You were free.

A/n: ok this is kinda short and in my opinion really shitty, but also I think I've improved since the last time I updated this story. I'm so glad I'm finally updating again after god knows how long. I hope you all like it<3

Requested by: @fairy-of-light