Chapter 22

A few days later in the bureau:

Abhijeet and Daya were casually talking, within another minute Kavin and Dushyant entered together in the bureau.

Abhijeet (smiling): Welcome back!! Kavin.

Daya : Arey ab kese ho tum? Sab thik toh hai na?

Kavin (smiling): Yes sir abb main bilkul thik hu..fit and fine for work.

Dushyant: Haan sir, wese agar aapko yaad ho ki kal Shreya ma'am ka birthday hai..jo bhi planning karni hai aaj hi karni hogi....Kavin ji aapko yaad hai??

Kavin : Ofcourse!! Mene already sab plan kar liya hai...Lunch ke time cafeteria mein bata dunga sabhi ko..

Dushyant: Thik hai..

And all of them got engaged in their work.

LUNCH TIME

Everybody was gathered in the cafeteria except for Shreya who was sent to report some files to the headquarters. Kavin told all of them the plan for Shreya's birthday. Everybody was quite impressed with the plan.

Ishita: Sir aapne toh kamaal ka plan banaya hai..abb toh hamara kaam pakka ho jayega....

Purvi: Sahi baat hai..chalo preparations chalu kar dete hai..

ACP Praduman: Thik hai... All the best!!

Next day:

It was a beautiful evening. The sky had turned all black but slowly stars were visible, shining effortlessly. Shreya was devastated from the work and reached her house. She was feeling so blue since nobody wished her on her birthday, not even her best friend Dr. Tarika. Moreover her Daya sir also didn't wish her. 

She walked towards the entrance of  and opened her house. Like everyday there was darkness filled in the hall as her parents went to attend a wedding in her hometown since last week. She tried to switch on the lights but the before she could do it, the lights switched on and within a flash all she could hear was....

"SURPRISEEEEEEE"
She could see all of her friends happily wishing her happy birthday. She glanced at her hall which was decorated with fairy lights, balloons and the wall was decorated with Polaroids of her moments with all her friends.

Tarika : Tujhe kya laga hum bhul jayenge tera birthday..??

Shreya (overwhelmed): Nahi..nahi.. thankyou.

Kavin : Isme thanks ki kya baat hai..aaj tumhara birthday hain na enjoy karo..

Purvi : Haan Shreya. It's your day. Look!! Hum tumhare liye yeh dress laye hai. Go get changed, then we'll party hard!!!....

She was overwhelmed. She was already dressed well but as it was her birthday she went inside and changed into a black evening gown which effortlessly beautiful.

All of a sudden she felt bad. She didn't see Daya in the hall. Neither did he wish just like every year and now he didn't even attend her birthday party.

*****
As Purvi was speaking Kavin just looked at her from head to toe, she took his breaths. She was definitely looking breathtaking in that golden sleeveless top and a tight mehroom pencil skirt. Her brunette hair flaunting and those flicks coming all over her face.

Purvi felt his gaze upon herself but couldn't meet his eyes due to her shyness. She was blushing hard. Ishita gave her a light hit on her arm.

Ishita : Kaha tha na yeh dress achhi lagegi tujhpe..Kavin sir toh lattu ho rahe hai tujhpe..