\•/Prologue \•/

🔵✨🖤✨🔵

Everly Kingston and Lucilius Russell had known each other since they were toddlers. They were given the same juice boxes and toys to play with. With their parents starting out as door to door neighbors in humble times then remaining as close friends as they parted ways, Everly and Lucilius practically grew up together.

Most people automatically assumed they'd be great friends, what with being there for every holiday, going to the beach together and having cookouts, especially since their parents were close as family but that was most definitely not the case.

Everly distinctly remembered that it had always been Lucilius that drove an enormous wedge between them whereas Lucilius assumed that it had been Everly that wanted nothing to do with him and degraded him every chance she got.

Regardless of what they thought, it seemed the world around them never bothered to see the arguments and disagreements these two always had, the bickering and senseless quarrelling that labelled them as infamous rivals.

Belonging to prestigious rich families that pressured their children be successful as well, both showed great capabilities and potential promises.

Everly's number one rival and competition was Lucilius, where all the other students in the academy vied to be on the top spots, the two always raced head on to be number one, strengthening the hate that gradually grew over the years.

Soon everyone knew that Lucilius Russell and Everly Kingston had bad blood and keeping the two even in the same vicinity was a recipe for chaos and an invitation to an open riot.

Their parents were pretty oblivious to their children's behaviour and shrugged it off as childish banters. But for Eve and Lucus that was far from truth as they hated each other with every fiber of their entire beings.

So when the school decides to pair them up together under the current circumstances in order to participate in an upcoming school tournament, both don't hesitate to decline and complain about the match up.

But the principal leaves them no choice and ignores the tension the two obviously have in high hopes that the top two students of class 4 A and B will surely win the tournament.

Can Everly put aside her differences and rivalry to secure her future? Can Lucus forgive their past together and start afresh or will he hold old grudges and continue bullying Eve as he always has?

🔵✨🖤✨🔵

'I don't believe in never,' he said.

'I don't believe in always,' she countered.

'Well opposites attract.'

'Never.' She raised a defying eyebrow.

'Always,' he finished, smirking.

🔵✨🖤✨🔵

'Everly, principal wants to see us.'

Informed the Head Girl leaning on class 4 A's door. Everly, who had been neatly stacking homework on the teachers desk paused surprised, wondering why the principal wanted to see her. When she couldn't think of a reason of getting into any sort trouble recently, she voiced her question.

'Why?'

Kayla shrugged nonchalantly. 'Probably to give us a pep talk about our duties and all, hurry up, we have to get back before assembly.'

She urged as she went on to inform the next class rep. Everly tried to think of a reason as to why Blake, class 4 B's Rep, was late today as punctuality was one of his finest traits. They always met first thing in the morning to ensure everyone got to class in an orderly fashion and didn't linger in the middle of the hallway.