\•/2-Two\•/

=|C O N T I N U E D|=

=\LONG CHAPTER/=

🔵✨🖤✨🔵

Everly was relieved that Russell was the first to leave class.

Throughout the entire biology period she had to endure his elbow jabs as his Highness needed half the bloody table for his long spider elbows to fit in as he wrote. His long legs, which were longer than hers, were stretched out beneath the table and the constant moving rattled the desk irritating her.

Then there was the whispers and note throwing. Everyone suddenly wanted to talk to Lucilius Russell now and Everly sat there next to him seething in quiet fury at how many of them tried to get his attention.

She didn't understand, she'd grown up with him and yet she still never quite let the idea sink that Russell was different from all the other ordinary boys.

To her, he was just another wannabe rich kid with presumably handsome looks due to genetics.

Everly tried hard to put herself in the shoes of the girls that confessed their love for him on a weekly basis. Tried to look through the perspective of younger sophomore kids and older senior boys as to why Lucilius Russell was such a big deal to them?

Whenever she saw him, she pictured him as the boy who liked eating candy too much and got tooth rot. Who liked jumping off high places pretending to be Spiderman.

Who was afraid of the dark and liked scented candles, who had been bullying her since they were in kindergarten.

Who enjoyed tormenting her by calling her awful, mean things and teasing her.

Who pulled her hair to get her attention instead of just calling her name like any other normal person. Who just had to beat her at everything, trying to prove to the world that Everly could succeed at nothing when he was around. Now that Everly thought of it, he took everything she adored.

Everly was simmering in her seat, the paper she held in her hand was facing her wrath as she let her thoughts race and crumbled the sides of the blank paper that had done nothing.

Mr. Xavier noticed this with furrowed eyebrows and watched her for a good minute wondering what could be the cause of her torturing her biology homework.

But then he remembered that today Lucilius had joined his class which prompted him to call her.

'Everly, meet me in the staff room please.' The teacher instructed and she quickly snapped out of her daze.

'Yes sir, do you need to see the original copy of the printed syllabus before I photocopy it?' She asked aloud as she gathered her things, her facial expressions more relaxed now as she wasn't staring lasers out of her eyes at her biology homework.

'Yes, that, and make sure to bring your textbook along as well.' Mr. Xavier nodded as he remembered about the syllabus handouts he was supposed to give out that Everly reminded him of thankfully.

In the staff room almost everyone knew of Everly, when you were a bright, responsible, beautiful teenager (something all teenagers were not) you stood out and were called a teacher's pet. Of course what kept Everly humble was perhaps Lucilius who didn't hesitate in reminding her that even though everyone liked her as the "good girl", they liked him better as the school's infamous "Golden boy".

'Everly I wanted to talk about you previously asking me for extra credit on your last biology theory paper where you'd gotten a seventy-six.'

He reminded and she looked away embarrassed, the more she loved biology the harder it seemed to be becoming for her but she didn't want to admit that.