Prologue

Note:

Hi Everyone! I am sorry for springing this side story on you. I had to go where my inspiration leads me. I am just picking up the slack on the Reid sisters  and I have a lot of stories to tell within that world but I want to do it as best as possible. You all have been so patient already and I want to say thank you for that. Releases coming soon for Vera and Echo's next adventure.

In the meantime, while I finish deciding how I want those stories to unfold, I will be writing this on the side. Sometimes you just need to tell a different story to get the creative juices flowing. Remember, if you like the story: Comment, like, and send me messages. I love getting messages even if I can't always respond.

Also, if you have any good read recommendations or binge worth tv shows, let me know. I am newly single and getting back to my life as a couch potato and homebody.

This story is not in any way connected to the Reid Family. Just enjoy it for what it is... well, I hope you will enjoy it. 

Thanks!

LA

----

 "Now what?"

Elena sat quietly, holding her dolls closely against her, and not making any sudden movements. They hadn't seen her when they walked in and shut the doors behind them and Elena had instinctively scrambled behind the sofa instead of making herself known. She couldn't help it. The man her uncle was with terrified her. She'd only seen him a few times but every time she did it was always bad news.

"Mr. Nikoli sent these for you. I'm not to return without these signed." He said, handing him an envelope.

"So this is it? Just like that." Her uncle said as he took the papers and walked over to a nearby armchair, taking a seat. He flipped through the pages, bringing his fingers to his eyes.

"I am not here to discuss the terms, Eddie. Sign." The man said.

"Alfonso- We've been friends for so long, my brother considered you his friend." her uncle replied but Alfonso sighed.

"This isn't easy for any of us but you had your chances. We pleaded with Marco over and over to reconsider and now look at what's happened." Alfonso spoke in a low voice as if afraid someone might hear him. "Just sign and we can all move on."

Her uncle's hands seem to shake as he held the pen above the paper.

"What about Romina and the kids?" Eddie asked as he reread the terms.

"It's all there. Education and a stipend. Damien and Elena will be taken care of. The properties all confiscated." Alfonso replied. Elena shook as she heard her name. She didn't understand much of what was going on at all, so much had happened over the last year.

She had scanty details, bits and pieces to form the strange puzzle in her head. When her father was here, they had all been so happy. Elena had always had anything she wanted and her brother, Damien, was always talking about how much he loved his prep school. Then one day everything changed.

First the men started to appear everywhere, men like this one. Then her father's men began to work with them. Her father wasn't his happy, jovial self anymore and her mother changed completely. When Alfonso showed up for the first time, it was to take them from their old house, the big one they'd grown up in and bring them to this much smaller one on a different side of town. She'd left her school and her friends, and Damien had been brought back home.

Suddenly there was no money, no nice things, and everything they did or everywhere they went, there was one of those men nearby.

Then... her father died and her mother, her mother was lost.