innocence

0.0

a cloak of white silk frames your body in a essence of purity. a girl, who never dared go against the faith of her savior yet questioned his ability and credibility as early as she could remember. her silk never stained, and she maintained it quiet well as the years went by.

her peers would always remind her of their erudite and encouraged the same on her as well. it was screwed into her brain so tightly that she swore she'd never come off the hinges of glory.

but there was always those lingering shadows that peered back into her eyes when she would stare at her blank ceiling in the late hours of dawn. those dark and poisoned temptations that passed by you in the school hallways on the way to classes.

the devil always had his eye on you, and no other prayer could shield you from his scorching gaze.

you tried your best to stay away from his taunting presence, but somehow god seemed to not understand your prayers and simply placed you two in the same room at any given chance.

was he taunting you, making a mockery out of your foolish nativity ? maybe so, but there seemed to be a particular reason for his daunting presence.

he reeked sin, it practically was engraved onto his tanned skin and hidden in the black ink of his rose tattoos. every foul statement echoed the voice of the satan and you dared follow its sound through the eerie corridors of your brain.

it only added fuel to the fire seeing his looming figure in the oak rows of your church. watching him bow to the alter only to join satan himself after repenting his sins. sickening it was.

sickening because it made you question your own loyalty to your savior. he ran circles around your head, constantly wondering what a taste of his own freedom was like. what living with the devil was like. was it fun, was it scary ? you begged to know.

everyone sins, it's inevitable to live a perfect life no matter how much effort you put into a clean lifestyle. so as days went on- he shamelessly became your own sin. inveigling yourself to become closer to him, have a sliver of the high he obtains. 

it was only a matter of time before he would strike upon such fallen angel as yourself, and when he does... you may just question every single thing in your existence.