Chapter 15- Mother

I stand in front of my mirror, bending over to slip on my heels.
I look up, standing straight and pulling down my dress.
Asmo is behind me, watching me from the bed.

"Even though you've changed so much while being here, you still carry that rich sense of fashion with you. Why are you constantly wearing heels?" He asks.

"I like heels." I reply.

"Me too, me too."

Lucifer's heavy hand knocks on the door.

"Are you ready to go?" He asks, and Asmo stands out of bed to open the door for me.

"She's ready. Take a look."

Lucifer pushes the door back and takes a gander at me.

"Very.... Asmo- like." He says. "It's also revealing a little, too. Take my jacket."

I scowl, snatching Lucifer's jacket and pulling it around myself.

I don't even really like you, you can take it down a notch.

Once more I look at myself in the mirror, and I think I look good.
I feel good. I guess.

I take a deep breath, clutching the cuffs of Lucifer's jacket and a wave of anxiety rushes over me.

"Three years." I mumbke to myself. "You dropped out of college because of her."

I stare myself in the eyes, and then I meet Asmo's in the mirror, and Lucifer's.

"I'm ready to go!" I say, trying to excite myself.

I turn to Lucifer and the three of us leave, making sure to close the front door behind us.

A large, brown, mansion of a house.

A very large mansion, at the end of the block, standing tall and fancy.

And, supposedly, my mother lives in this house?

I saw Asmo visibly tense as we stood at the door waiting, after knocking twice but there had been no answer.

"That's odd," Diavolo mumbled. "I'm positive this is her exact location."

Suddenly the door opened, and a woman peeked out and then wasn't so shy about pushing open the door and hugging Asmo.

"Hi baby!" She exclaimed, but Asmo shoved her away, startled.

She looked at him confused. "What's the matter?"

Asmo pulled her past the group, into the house and started mumbling harshly.

Diavolo sighed, and I followed in after him and Lucifer.

"What's going on?" I asked, crossing my arms.

Asmo froze. "Nothing, really. Um, anyways, we're looking for a woman named Amber?"

I narrowed my eyes at Asmo, but didn't speak.

"Amber Daniels- Enhannce."

The woman stood in front of Asmo thoughtfully for a second, bowed and spoke to Diavolo, and proceeded to direct him.

"But, sir, if I may ask, what do you want with my sister?"

Lucifer looked quite surprised at this.

"You have.... relations with her? A human?"

"My sister isn't a human." She said. "Her name is Amber, and I am her twin, Kember."

Asmo's eyes widen, and Diavolo isn't even phased by this.