Chapter 1

Jotaro really is her best friend. Even though they are complete opposites...

Walking home from school seemed no different than another day until I heard a girl shriek from an alleyway. Jotaro must have heard it too because he didn't question me when I began to walk towards it.

"Oh come on... I know you must have something worth a good amount in that backpack."

"I already told you I don't! Get away from me you creep!"

This girl was definitely a lot younger. Probably around 12 years old. And this guy, well, I can't really see his face from this angle. "She already told you, didn't you hear?"

The man turns and has a shocked look on his face. He definitely went to our school. I recognized him from my math class and he recognized Jotaro and me almost immediately it seemed. Another boy from school, no two boys, wait... Now four more boys came from around the corner with smirks on their faces. Jotaro gives me a glance, knowing we both recognized these trouble makers, and as the boys lunge at us we started punching them down as we were back to back to make sure neither of us got hurt. 

The girl runs away as the boys lay on the concrete of the alleyway with bloody noses and probably a few missing teeth. And then, sirens.

"Jojo?" I nudge Jotaro and look at him with wide eyes but he doesn't seem as worried as I do. "I literally cannot get arrested are you joking? Oh my god, what if we get kicked out of school? I'll have to-"

"It's fine. I'll deal with this." Jotaro said sternly. I really hoped he would because I was happy to stand up for that girl, but I could absolutely not deal with getting in any out of trouble. Jotaro has no problem being rude to people or breaking the rules, but I cant deal with the confrontation or getting yelled at by some authority figure.

*time skip*

"Yeah, that's about what happened," I explained it to Holly on the phone. "And now Jotaro is in jail because he convinced the police I was just a witness to the beating he gave to the group of thugs. He won't even come out of the jail cell even after the cops told him to, but he won't say why. He's just acting so totally weird and I don't understand..."

"Oh Y/N, if Jotaro won't even listen to you then I'm sure he won't listen to what I have to say to him. I'm calling Joseph, so be ready for us to pick you up to go grab Jotaro." Then, she hung up.

I've always been friends with the Joestars. Joseph and Suzie even call me every once in a while, but they always end up being the root of my current problems. Back in elementary and middle school, Jotaro was much kinder and definitely not as cold-hearted as he seems to be now, yet we are still friends. We loved hanging out and Joseph would call us the world's little hellions. We still like to stir up fights but not as often as we were kids. I should start getting ready and quit overthinking...

"What would I wear to go bust my best friend out of jail?" (You can really imagine any outfit you want if you don't like the one ive given!)

(Imagine this shirt but in black)

After putting on all your jewelry and with one last look in the mirror, you quickly grabbed your walkman and checked the song you had in it. "(insert fav song here)" No time to grab anything else so I guess that's what I have to listen to."

I can see Holly's car pulling up to my house so I go to the sidewalk and become disappointed to see Joseph isn't in the car. "Where's Gramps?"

"He's running a little bit late, but I assure you he will meet us there. I know you want to see him."

She's right. Even though Joseph is a bit of a loose screw, and I was aware of his recent affairs (😬), he was like a parental figure.

"Oh, but y/n, you look adorable!" Holly says with a huge smile on her face as she continues to drive, completely changing the somewhat somber mood that had previously been in the car.

"Thanks Holly!" I really did appreciate it. I had friends in Japan who I loved to shop with, but no one really had a similar style to me here. I like to stand out, and I know I look good doing it, but I cant help but feel judged by older and more traditional civilians here.

The drive seemed relatively quick and before I could take my headphones off Holly had unbuckled her seatbelt and looked like she was ready to stomp into Jotaros cell and pull him out of there. I know Holly would let her confidence act die down when we got inside. Personally, Im nervous myself. It's like, literally jail! And Jotaro is inside a nasty cell doing god knows what...

-----------------------------------------------

"Haha! Jojo? What a stupid name!"

Listening to these stupid police officers insult the nickname I gave Jotaro as a kid could not have annoyed me any more than those girls at school who harras me and him after school. Just shut up about it. Holly doesn't seem to care about them. She's just asking me questions as we walk down the hall and pass all the dirty cells. I really couldn't be more thankful for how Jotaro took all the blame. That fight did seem a little weird and maybe that's why Jotaro is acting weird himself. It seemed almost too easy. Jotaro sure is big, and really strong, but I didn't even see him punch any of the guys. It all just happened so fast. It's like they just got knocked out by looking at him.

"How many kids did he beat up? Did he kill someone? " I hear Holly's faint voice and I raise my headphones off my styled hair.

I answer all her questions at once as I start to fix the damage that my headphones did to my hair, "He didn't kill anyone Holly, he just got into a fight and the kid started punching him so he punched back, and more of the kids' friends came over and punched him and he punched them back too and yada yada yada. It just went on ya know?" I lied to her. She'll find out the truth at some point. I already mentioned him beating up a few kids when she called me but I let out details because I didn't know she would ask again.

My walkman rattled at my side as I continued walking. I finished fixing my hair and as we turn the corner I take a deep breath, not knowing what Im about to see or find out, but I have this bizarre feeling.