Part 1: The Villa

"Jisoo, wake up. We're here." I instantly opened my eyes when my Mom called. 

I straightened my back from sitting and looked outside where I could see my Grandma's mansion. 

It is an old three-storey house but still has its elegant and sophisticated look.

"Yeah," I answered softly. 

This summer would be good if there's no reason we are here. Like plainly visiting. But no, there is. I got out of the car and looked at my Dad, getting our luggage at the trunk.

"You go first with Jisoo, hon. I'll follow." He stated. And so, Mom and I started marching up the house.

Just as Mom tried to knock the door, it already opened. It was my grandma, welcoming us with a bright smile. 

She still didn't change. She was wearing a white dress that hugged her body, a pearl necklace on her neck that screams elegance. And of course, her signature, a Dior fan on her right hand. 

She still has this sophisticated look and an intimidating aura.

"Jiyeon, my daughter. How are you?" She greeted and instantly hugged my mother.

"I'm good, mom. Never been better." Mom answered with a beam smile pasted on her lips.

"Good! Good!" She broke the hug and looked at my Mom, nodding a few times.

She then looked at me. "Oh, Jisoo, my favorite niece."

"I'm your only niece, Grandma." She laughed. My lips twitched a smile. 

My grandma and I used to be very close when I was young or so I remember. She takes good care of me like I am her own daughter. 

I used to go here in her villa, to stay for the whole summer. 

Yeah, used to. I don't know. I felt like there's this distance already. Well, at least that's what I feel. 

My Mom was an only child and so am I. We're really small but an influential family. 

Oh, how I wish we could just be simple and loving. But you know what they say, you can never really have it all.

***

I started going upstairs and directly to my room while they're still chatting in the living room. 

Well, If I would know, their topic would be still be my marriage. They've been chatting about it for months now. Hah! They are even more excited that the ones getting married.

It is that damn arranged marriage they're planning. 

Its not that I am shocked about it. Since I was a child, I knew it would be my future. Heck, even my Mom and Dad are. But they're lucky, they fall in love, for real. 

How are the odds that I would to my arranged husband, too you know?

I close the door and instantly jumped the bed without changing or even taking my shoes off. I'm tired. Physically, and most especially, mentally.

I look around. I miss this place. I got a lot of good memories here. Well, not that I remembered everything. I sighed.

But we are not here on a vacation instead we're here to finalize the marriage already. Oh, and also I get to meet my groom for the first time. Wow. Just wow.

Well, I really don't know the guy. The only thing that I know, is that his family resided in the US. They are a close friend of my Grandma and basically, business partners. 

Duh. Of course, they are. 

And it's so frustrating when I tried asking my parents if know him or whatever, they would just change the topic or basically just shrug, saying it would be a surprise.

I let out a deep and long sigh. "What a life!" And brushed my cheeks to wipe my tears that was already flowing. With a heavy feeling in my heart, I drifted off to sleep.