Part 4: Let Go

But then the next day, while I was waiting for him to appear, the painting caught my attention again. 

It would always be a mystery to me. It was so familiar but I still can't remember where and how did I seen it.

I caressed the frame of the painting like I would do in Taehyung's face. I still don't know what's going on between us but I don't want it to stop. 

As long as I'm with him, I'm already complete. It's already perfect.

I look at the painting again and wonder how something so lovely could be captured in an old and small canvas.

But then something stopped me.

I didn't notice it right away. This very day, the day when I looked closer intently at it, my heart just thumped wildly. 

My breath just then trembled and just wondering at the thought makes my tears flow.

The painting was losing its colors from around its edges and slowly creeping to the center. And the worst part is, the damage was spreading more on the side of the little boy.

It's fading.

And that moment, I saw him appear then.

"Tae," I called out almost a whisper and my voice broke.

He didn't answer.

"Tae? W-what is happening?"

He still didn't answer. Instead, he looked at me with his eyes so dark and bleak. Then, somehow I knew. I had known yet feared all along because I still refused to believe it's true.

He nodded. Like how we first met, he read my mind. I then trembled in tears.

He walks towards me and instantly wraps his arms around my waist. Looking at me intently, he begged me to look at his eyes. But I turned away. 

I can't do it. 

I don't want him to know what I want only to reject it because he won't do it. He can't.

"Jisoo," he whispered. I look at him and instantly look away again. No, I don't like what's happening right now.

"Please" he begged, his voice cracked. I whimper and hug him tight. He took a deep breath and hugged me back.

After a minute, he broke our embrace. He smiled at me and hold my hand, we started walking. 

We reached the sea where the sun is starting to set already. The time where I was driven in a thought and whole heartedly accepted that I love him. 

We lay close to each other on the blanket placed in the sand. And that's where I froze. He had prepared. He has been waiting for this day to come. And has been ready.

But am I ready as he is? NO! And it's so unfair!

"Jisoo," his voice pulled me back to him from my thoughts.

"Please. Don't make this hard for me, love." He looked up to me and helped me sit on the blanket beside him. 

He sighed and brushes my cheeks on his thumb. I was crying now and I can't help it. I want it to stop but it can't. And it won't.

"I need to go." he said.

"No! No! No!" I screamed out, begging. My tears failed me. I was now crying wildly.

"I need to. I have to." He then stood and look at me intently. He then turn his back.

"Tae! No, don't leave me, please..." I followed him and followed until my knees was trembling and I fall.

"Taehyung!" I shout out loud. Again and again and again, reaching him—

"Jisoo! JISOO, wake up!"

I open my eyes and found my mom's worries eyes staring at me.

And that's where it hit me. I look around. I saw my grandma at my side, patting my head. My mom was at the side of my bed.

"Jiyeon dear, can you get a glass of water, please." Grandma asked my Mom, still caressing my shoulders.

Mom instantly got out and went to the kitchen.

"Are you okay, dear?"

I looked away. I touched my cheeks only to know how wet it is from bursting into tears.

"I--I. How long did I sleep, grandma?"

She sighed. "Right after you guys got here. Its already 7 in the evening, sooyaa."

"But I--" My mind was a mess. Was it all just a dream? 

"What did you even dream about, dear? It was like you're having a nightmare." She asked looking at me, curious was visible in her tone. 

"N-nothing.." I looked away.

"You we're even shouting his name. Taehyung, right?" I instantly looked at her. What? Did he know him?

She smiled at me sweetly. "Come on, get up. Let's all eat dinner together." I was about to ask her how does she know the man I was calling in my dreams but she already got out of the room.