Part 2: The Portrait

A/n: Italized is a flashback.

***

I was staring at nowhere. My mind went blank.

"So what do you think? In a church or in a Beach?" My Grandma asked my Mom.

"I prefer the church, Mom. It's sacred, you know?" I can feel my mom glanced at me. "What do you think, Soo?"

I was then brought back to reality.

"I don't care." I rolled my eyes while crossing my arms.

"Kim Jisoo! Have some respect. You're Grandma just got here, traveled at least 5 hours. All you need to do is just help a little and answer even just a yes or no." I scoffed.

That's it. I've had enough!

I stood up and laughed sarcastically. "I don't care. You guys already planned this. You both might as well, finish it yourselves." They both gasped.

"I won't be like you! I am in control of my own life! I won't be following her orders just like a dog." I glared at my grandma, referring to her.

I started to walk away but my Mom grabbed my hands. I looked up to her only to receive a big slap on my face.

Grandma gasped. She was shocked as I was. 

Mom was never really the type to hurt someone. She is sweet as honey. I really did cross the line, did I? But so are they.

I couldn't take it anymore. I walked out. Away from them.

***

I stood up and got out of my room. I need a diversion to get out of all the things that is happening around me.

I was still roaming around the house. 

Now, I understand why I always got lost here in the past. I then saw a small attic door in the ceiling and realized Grandma used to tell me not to go there. 

I still tried to though but it was too high. Well, now that I'm tall enough. 

I slyly smile to myself.

I grabbed the chair and climbed up to open the small door. Weird, there's no ladder attach to it. So I tiptoed and jumped a little to push my way inside.

"Wow! Now, this is what you call a good diversion! There's a lot of good furniture here. Why isn't Grandma using it?" I stated.

I started looking and even rummaging at the things. From a gold candlelight to an old lamp which for sure is an antique. 

Just then, my eyes caught something. It was a stunning painting of a little boy and girl, holding each others hand.

"Wait, why does this looks familiar," I asked myself in a whisper.

I was still looking at it intently and admiring the work. It was so magical to see both two children being in a beautiful sea playing their hearts at.

I can't seem to look away from the painting not until, I felt a presence. I shivered. I feel like I'm being watched.

I look behind and saw a silhouette about five meters away. I screamed my lungs out.

"Ouch!" I caress my butt and felt the pain from the force while I stumbled on the ground. I look back at the silhouette that started walking near me.

"Don't go near me!" It stopped. Just a few meters away from me.

"Who are you?"

It's a guy.