Tolerated

-Dabi POV-

I watched the ripple of the puddles as I walked on the wide path.
For a split second I would see my reflection, a scarred mess, before it was replaced with my large boot.

I liked doing it - it felt like I was stamping on myself and vanishing as I was crushed beneath a heavy weight. A death like that would be painless if it was done properly though - fast. When my end of days came, I wanted it to be slow and painful so that I would have time to regret everything in life.

It might have been strange, but I was a villan, you see.

An outcast to society.

A monster.

No one saw me when I passed through the crowd, unnoticed. No one saw the countless murders in alleyways or the victim's ashes that floated in the air, letting off wisps of blue-grey smoke.

My life is a mess.

I was walking through a park at this very moment. No one knew I was here - it was 2am, dark. The skies were cloudy and the ground was wet. No one in their right mind would be out now.

No one except me, of course.

I often went for walks. I hated being cooped up in that stuffy little bar all the time, where the silence was unbearable and the atmosphere was thick. Not just with tension, but with smoke, too. That was my fault. Kurogiri always got pissed at me for smoking inside the building.

But did I care? No.

That was the reason I was out, anyway. I was feeling fed up, so I started drinking, but then it got to the point where I was yelling at everyone in anger, too wasted to think about anything else, and Kurogiri told me to stop because it's bad for my health, apparently.

Apparently.

I wouldn't listen to him, of course, and slammed my fist on the counter, accidently smashing a glass Kurogiri was cleaning.
He went straight to Shigaraki and I was sent out of the bar to clear my head - he didn't care if it was freezing cold, not like it would bother me anyway - but it was unfair. He never said anything when Shigaraki was drunk! He just wanted to get me out, like a punishment or something.

I never realised before, but if you think about it, Kurogiri is more like a mother than a villan. Always comforting Shigaraki when something goes wrong, cleaning up, giving us advice even though we don't listen…

He was a quite good person, in all honesty.

At that moment I tripped over a big stone jutting out of the ground and cursed to myself when I fell on my hands and knees like an idiot.

Ugh fuck everything I was just walking like anyone else on this earth why did a damn pebble have to get in my way?

I stood up, brushing myself off. Even though no one was here, I cringed that the ruthless, unstoppable villan Dabi dare be challenged by a rock. A rock, for goodnesses sake. I lost, too - that dumb rock got me down on my knees faster than any hero could have.
Stupid thing.

I stopped thinking about it when I heard a noise. It sounded like like a whoosh, and in the moonlight I saw a glimmering flash of red pass above me, quite low.

Not wanting to be seen, I scaled a nearby tree, sitting in the branch and waiting for whatever was there to go away. It was a bit wet, but I didn't care at the moment.

It also didn't occur to me that the thing would land in the tree as well. There was a rustling and I felt my hair become wet from the moved raindrops on the leaves over my head.