five.

Today's the day. Schlatt is getting off his flight in... 2 hours.

TWO FUCKING HOURS! I HAVEN'T CLEANED UP OR ANYTHING AND I'M STILL IN MY FUCKING PAJAMAS.

I scrambled to my wardrobe, looking for something. I don't think I'd thought this much about an outfit since I was in sophomore year. Just dress casually. Don't make it obvious that you did all this just for him.

After an hour and a half of cleaning, I'd finally got the house looking presentable. Heck, I'd even broke out the vacuum cleaner I had bought, used once and then gave up on. I took a shower, straightened my hair off yet it was still poofy and changed into an old pair of flared jeans my mom had gave me and a random shirt.

I heard a knock at the door.

"Shit... Is this the right address?"

I opened the door.

"Hey Schlatt! Come on in!"

He was tall, a lot taller than I was expecting.

"You're short."

"Fuck off. 5'3" is not short."

"Right... I'm 6'3", Brie."

"I can tell."

He walked in, closing the door behind him.

"Is it always this warm in Texas? Jesus-"

"Yep. And this is with the AC on."

He looked around.

"You cleaned because I was coming... Didn't you."

"Maybe a little," I said sheepishly, "It's usually a shit tip."

"I mean... At least your honest."

He was a lot more chill when he wasn't in "YouTube mode". It was nice.

"Soooooo, what do you wanna do?" He asked me.

"Well I don't know about you but I'm fucking hungry."

=

"McDonald's sound good?" Brie asked me, grabbing some shoes from a draw in her room. It was decorated with a bunch of band posters.

"Sure... You like the Pixies?" I asked, looking at some of the posters.

She gave me a weird look before saying, in a deep voice "People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durden."

She stood up, grabbing her keys from a bag.

"You should take that hat off. It makes you look dumb."

"It's my thing!" I replied, adding, "You can't say anything, shortie."

"I'm fucking 5'3", right. Just because I don't have giant legs doesn't mean I can't beat your ass."

I stomached a laugh, not wanting to annoy her more.

"So Brie, what's it like in Texas?"

"Boring. Incredibly sweaty. Full of homophobes and a shit law system. Wouldn't recommend it."

"Oh. Bit of a shame saying I just paid a deposit on a house here."

She walked downstairs, her two cats running after her.

"I fed you two fucking minutes ago you ginger bastard!" She shouted, picking the cat up and putting it on her shoulder, "Oh, this is Brutus. Julius is asleep on my bed."

She pointed at the grey cat sleeping, cuddling into what looked like one of my plushies-

"Is that one of my plushies?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't."

Her face turned a bright red as she put the cat down and walked downstairs.

"You're slow for being a fucking beanstalk."

"You're fast for being a bean."

-

The car was silent as Schlatt looked around at the piece of shit Texas was.

He switched on the car radio.

NOW PLAYING:

NIMROD'S SON BY THE PIXIES

"Oh heck yeah! I fucking love this song!" He shouted as we approached the McDonald's drive thru.

"What do you want Schlatt."

"Chicken nuggies. Obviously."

I headbutted the steering wheel. The queue was long.

NOW PLAYING:

HEAT WAVES BY GLASS ANIMALS

I burst out into laughter.

"What's funny? It's a good song."

"It's the ship song for Dream and fucking George dude."

He wheezed before looking over at me.

"You're pretty, Brianna."

Nope, do not blush. You're not giving in that fucking-

Hot bastard.

I ordered the food, and waited for the greasy heaven to come.

Silence.

"Brie, we need to talk about what we are."

"No we don't."

"We do."

"No. We need to let it-"

He kissed me. Not for long, just a light kiss on the cheek. He smelt like Axe body spray.

God- I'm bright red, aren't I? Shit- Just pay for the food.

I drove to the next kiosk, paying for the food. It was silence from then. The radio hummed in the background.

NOW PLAYING

MARDY BUM BY THE ARCTIC MONKEYS

"You have good music taste, Brie."

"Hm."

Just concentrate on the road.

"There's your drinks. I'll get your food, give me a minute."

The sweet smell of grease and fat filled the air.

"What did you get?" He asked, actually like nothing had happened in the past three minutes.

"Chicken nuggets. Same as you."

"There's your food," the person at the kiosk said, "Have a good day."

Schlatt grabbed it, leaning over me. I drove away, sitting in the car park.

Silence.

I handed him his food, not even looking at him.

Just say something!

"You- Uh... Uhm..."

I tried to say something, say how I was feeling but the words just wouldn't come out.

"Since when did you have a stutter? You developing Parkinson's or something?"

It was moments like these that confused me. There were a few brief seconds he'd act like a total different person. Maybe his persona isn't really a persona. Maybe he's a general jackass. Maybe he is just some jackass.

I began to drive away, turning the radio down to just a simple buzz.

"...We have to stream on the Dream SMP tonight," I said, attempting to change the topic. You know, away from the fact he just kissed me.

"No, you have to stream. Do you think I'm breaking my not streaming record for that dumb thing?"

I laughed as the sun blared in the distance. The refreshing feeling of air conditioning was amazing.

"You're still bright pink, Cheese."

"Don't call me cheese, Schlatt."

"Don't call me mutton chops on Twitter then."

He then proceeded to laugh.

... Maybe I am in love with this man. We'll have to see.