Chapter Three

*Forewarning*

This is a long chapter. My coming back gift for you all. I love you, my sweet babies. Thank you for baring w me, I know it isn't easy waiting for updates. Enemies W Benefits will be up either later tonight or tomorrow.

                                High school. The only other place that might be a bigger scam than getting your degree at a college.

Tapping the top of my pencil against my lip, all I can think about is how I didn't care about the infamous date of December 16th, 1773. I just wanted to go home. Maybe my irritation about life is compounded with the fact that I wouldn't be able to smoke until I helped this clueless girl with her studies.

The girl who thought I liked her...

I cringe outwardly at her not so subtle attempts to woo me. 'Just get it over with.' I think, sliding my phone back into my pocket after a moment of debating to cancel. 'It'll only be for an hour.'

-'-----

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say only an hour? I must've had the worst miscalculation because when I land in front of my house, she is already there.

Now, need I remind you that I did agree to do this after school but I figured she would at least give me the common courtesy of letting me wash the day away first. It's amazing how she managed to beat me to my own home.

Damn.

"You're early." I grit my teeth into a fake, wide-toothed smile. Be nice, Gohan. Remember your karma.

"No I'm not, silly! We said after school. C'mon, I wanna get a head start on things." Videl bats her eyelashes at me like it's the most beautiful thing in the world. Gag. Opting to say nothing, I walk past her and unlock the door. "Make yourself comfortable." I gesture with a wave of my arm.

Or you could leave.

Please choose the latter. She doesn't, of course, sliding against my body 'innocently.'

Women.

"It's so homey here. Dad prides himself on luxury but I appreciate the modest things in life. Money isn't everything." She babbles, honestly I think she just likes to hear herself talk. Humming in response to pretend I've been listening and actually care about her billonare father problems, I retrieve my notes from my bookbag.

"Did you bring your history book? We're on chapter four of the Great Depression." How ironic.

"Yeah, I did. I felt so bad the last time I had to hog your books. Oh, I almost forgot!" Digging into her purse that she's now placed at her feet, she meticulously pulls out a plastic bag along with her hard cover book.

A clear container is given to me, my hands making contact with hers. "For you. A token of my appreciation for all the time you've put in with me. Probably would have failed had it not been for you."

Videl's eyes seem to bore through me and I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable. Our hands still and linger, intertwined a second too long for my liking. They're actually unexpectedly warm but before she can clasp them more firmly, I take ahold of the brownie vessel.

"Thank you but uh... I'm not a big fan of chocolate. Goten will surely love it so I thank you anyway."

"Of course." She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear awkwardly, putting an obvious distance between us as she slides to the opposite side of the couch.

For the next half hour, she doesn't try anything else. In fact, I'd say she was a little huffy that I wasn't responding to her level of affections. I'm not bothered though. I've never given her any indication that I was interested in her other than in the platonic sense and even that is cutting it close. I won't allow her to inconspicuously guilt trip me.